1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

1st Cowboys game

Discussion in 'Dallas' started by docswife, Sep 13, 2015.

1. docswife

docswife

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Wow, 1 hour post game an it's still surging 4.4!! I'd love to hear how you all made out! I decided not to make the drive out to Arlington to work because I wasn't sure it would be worth it. I will plan to work the next home game though!!!

2. Micmac

Micmac

Hi docs , all the way to Arlington you are racking up mileage on you Mercedes very quickly . Go to Dfw it s busy for Uberx . Do you do Uberx?

3. docswife

docswife

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    If you think I'm going to put a bunch of post game folks in my Mercedes-Benz, you're nuts!! I do UberX in my Honda Accord.

Janie89 likes this.
  4. docswife

docswife

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Micmac, you're not going to get 5x surge at DFW!

5. Micmac

Micmac

That s smart junker for junkies :D

6. Micmac

Micmac

I hate drunks always problems and they make your car stinks .

7. Hak

Hak

Driving:
    UberX
    I've done three surged trips tonight 2.4x ($62) before the game, and 5.4x ($117), one more 5.3x ($55) after the game.

phxsuns1016, Janie89, Clay66 and 3 others like this.
  8. docswife

docswife

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Sweeeeet!!!

Hak likes this.
  9. uberparadise

uberparadise

Driving:
    UberX
    Yes I was out there, got a 3x for $50. I thought I had a 4x but the clever riders dropped the pin right over Division street and walked to the spot. They tricked me into a regular priced fare! I should have checked my way bill. Lesson learned. Problem with Cowboys games is you have to get there early and time the surge to your benefit. This was a night game and the win kept fans partying for hours after it was over. Back road knowledge is a must if you try to come back and repeat. It's a good gig $100 bucks is pretty easy to make in a few hours. Maybe more if you find the perfect Rider going far and paying a nice surge price. The traffic and blocked streets/ barricades are a problem, but drivers can find riders as they walk away from stadium.

docswife likes this.
  10. docswife

docswife

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Aww man that regular fare sucks!! You didn't see that it was a regular fare before you accepted it?? Also, did you only get one surging fare the entire time it surged? Just trying to see if it's worth it for me to make the drive out there next home game. I would be PISSED if I made the drive and only got one small surge fare post game! I would totally be OK with one large surge fare back to Dallas though! :) I noticed that it surged for 2 hours...

11. uberguuber

uberguuber

Smart! I was looking at the app last night Pax were requesting rides 4.4x uberX $3.74 a mile. While I saw two selects just sitting there not surging. $1.85 mile) dumbasses...

12. docswife

docswife

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Yes!! I saw this too!! However, Select did surge briefly a couple times. I wondered why passengers couldn't put 2 +2 together and figure out that they would come out cheaper by requesting Select! Alcohol maybe...

13. docswife

docswife

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    I don't hate drunks. We've all been inebriated a time or two in our lives. :) In fact, I respect drunks that are playing it safe by Ubering and keeping the roads safe. I will tolerate A LOT for a 5x surge trip.

14. Hak

Hak

Driving:
    UberX
    I actually waited at the main entrance in the lot 10 for the 6.5x because I was sure it would go all the way up to 6.5x at events like this. I just didn't think it would go after seeing drivers around even though it was surging 5.4x, that's why I accepted it. It usually says no uberx at such large events, but it seems like this was the only event going on in the whole DFW. That's why Uber didn't give us 6.5x. I remember how long Rolling Stone concert stayed at 6.5x in the summer. Anyway, it's not a bad night for me. Plus, I got $50 tip because passengers were kinda crying not being able to find their drivers and cancel all the times.

docswife likes this.
  15. uberparadise

uberparadise

Driving:
    UberX
    I got their as the game ended, which was my fault. On my way to the stadium I let myself get pinged near DFW. DFW airport was absolutely empty of UBER X drivers as I passed through Grapevine. $15 dollar ride to Grapevine with no tip! I felt I had time still game was middle 4th quarter. That was a gamble, if they said Plano or even downtown Dallas , I could have blown my whole night. My advice don't turn APP on til u get to surge area. I am fighting for that surge ride at this point. That spot is right on the red surge line. I have a feeling the riders knew what they were doing! Next time I will do better. My advice is yes it's worth it, but research and experience help. When u start the fare it's like Christmas Morning. Slide the start and open your present! Big fare or little fare? LOL.

docswife likes this.
  16. KMANDERSON

KMANDERSON

Driving:
    UberX
    only problem I have with that it hard to find the passanger.To many people it good if you can find them

17. docswife

docswife

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Thats why you always get to a large event like this early, find a good spot within close proximity to exits to post up and wait. Then when you accept the request, you call the passenger and tell them where you are and have them walk to you. I never leave my post to pick them up. I NEVER drive around trying to find passengers post games/concerts. If that's what you're doing, your're doing it all wrong.

Hak likes this.
  18. KMANDERSON

KMANDERSON

Driving:
    UberX
    I have not done the events yet just doing drop offs I just assume with all the people it would be hard for them and them fine you

Last edited: Sep 14, 2015
    docswife likes this.
  19. docswife

docswife

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    I have designated posts that I go to for each venue (Gexa, AAC, Toyota Stadium, Cowboys Stadium <---only been once).

Hak likes this.
  20. Hak

Hak

Driving:
    UberX
    Here are some tips to pick up at the events in my experience. Find a good spot where people walk-by. Stay off. Ask them if they need ride. Turn it on and ask them request. Make sure you get the right person. Then, drive away. Another tip, never drive around to find your pax because it's really crazy, you may end up driving around yourself with no pax. I hanged with the black drivers yesterday, that's what they do. They asked me to drive for black, but I am doing this part-time. I am happy with the money I make as a part-time gig.