1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

1st Ave just east of 4th street.....

Discussion in 'Columbus' started by UberHammer, Sep 6, 2015.

1. UberHammer

UberHammer

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    So last night I did UberXL for the first time.

Around 11:45 or so I get a request to the school building converted to apartments on 1st ave just east of 4th street. 7 People pile in. Now when I've driven my Acura TL and they try to pile in 5, I tell them "no, order an XL". It didn't even occur to me that there are idiots that would order an XL and try to pile in 7. So given I wasn't prepared to respond to this, and my shock that they just did it without even asking, I just do it (next time, no).

But then the guy in the front seat sees my radio is playing pandora from my ipad... and without even asking he grabs the ipad, and says out loud for the rest of his party to hear, "I'm hijacking this"... and proceeds to add his funk station to my Pandora account so it starts playing.

Drop them off at Bar Louie on Park street, and it felt really good to give him TWO STARS.

I'd give him 1 star, but I don't want someone from Uber contacting me to ask why I one starred a passenger.

chi1cabby likes this.
  2. Fauxknight

Fauxknight

Driving:
    UberX
    Gotta watch 1st in that apartment construction area east of 4th, lots of nails. Had one passenger who lost a couple of tires to them, and I had to patch one the other week for a nail, which may or may not have come from that area.

That's easy, either because they messed with your stuff without asking or because they wanted to fit 7.

Honestly if I had seating for 7 I might consider it, but safest bet is to just stick with 6.

What are you driving now that you switched to XL?

3. UberHammer

UberHammer

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Drove the Honda Odyssey last night.

Only drove it because I had a pre-arranged fare pickup in Marysville, and it was a party of 6. $83 fare to the short north, and another $82 fare bringing them back. While they got drunk I racked up another $120 in fares for five hours. $285 in fares in around 7 hour total.

UberCbus likes this.
  4. Fauxknight

Fauxknight

Driving:
    UberX
    Which also left you at home with relatively few dead miles, nice gig.

About to see if there's much going on tonight.