1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

180 of NO change right back to exploiting drivers

Discussion in 'Notifications' started by wallypaulnuts, Sep 28, 2017.

1. Strange Fruit

Strange Fruit Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    That's typical for SF. It sucks in SF. People say it's good for gettig to SF from S bay.

tohunt4me likes this.
  2. phillipzx3

phillipzx3 Well-Known Member

Is soneone holding a gun to your head forcing you to drive for peanuts while racking up miles on your car?

3. UberLaLa

UberLaLa Well-Known Member

So Uber was very generous then...only taking it away from 2 markets when they could have done 4. :rolleyes::mad:

NLR....

tohunt4me and Spotscat like this.
  4. Spotscat

Spotscat Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberXL
    "While we test rigorously, the truth is we don't know exactly how things will work until they're in the real world..."

Gee whiz, Wally! Would it be asking too much for the Einsteins that think they run this company to do a little beta-testing before they do a full-scale roll out?

Maybe test this feature in a state like... I dunno... Georgia? Missouri? Colorado? Somewhere where there is a decent number of Uber drivers? Let them test this for a month or two and see how it works, and then introduce it nationwide?

5. JasonB

JasonB Well-Known Member

I love me that No Thanks button.

Most underrated button on the entire app...

6. Kalee

Kalee Well-Known Member

Maybe you don't understand ...

Again ... when you click the No Thanks button, that should be the end of that ping. You've now notified Uber that you do not want that ride request.
    But if there are no other drivers close enough to the area for that request to go to, then Uber allows that request to come right back to you - over and over and over again, destroying your acceptance rate.
    It shouldn't work that way.

Uber sucks

Rickshaw, tohunt4me and ABC123DEF like this.
  7. Alison Chains

Alison Chains Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Actually, in some cases I don't mind borderline requests popping up again. Two minutes later I may have had a ride cut short, a pickup cancelled, or traffic conditions could have improved. I may even have changed my mind after seeing the other pings available.

8. PTUber

PTUber Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Personally I think you are being a bit dramatic. Just because they went back to 2 DT instead of 6, which was a bit silly anyway, doesn't mean there was NO change.

1. Tipping option most had been hoping for since the dawn of Lyft.
    2. Count down clock with PAX being charged after 2 minutes and us getting a cancellation fee if they cancel.
    3. Count down clock at 5 minutes saying we can now cancel for our fee.
    4. 24/7 help line being rolled out.
    5. Improved weekly, daily, per ride earnings pages.
    6. No Thanks button so we don't have to listen to the beeping for 15 seconds on dreaded 10 min. + requests. I haven't experienced the same ride being sent to me over and over.
    7. For the most part the time outs for ignoring 2 or 3 rides in a row went away.
    8. Uber basically ignoring our acceptance and cancelation rates.
    9. Working on a long ride warning so we have an option to take it or not.
    and the best news of all
    10. Travis is out!

Yes I agree the best would be to raise rates and I enter that every time they send me the little "are you happy driving for Uber" survey.

9. chitown73

chitown73 Well-Known Member

Well since this thread has to do specifically with the changes made under their "180 days of change" pr stunt, number #7 is just totally false as they still do this on a reg basis. Numbers 8&10 don't even apply since they have nothing to do with the "180 days..." btw they do NOT ignore your cancelation rates so that part is false.
    1)Tipping is a text book example of "too little, too late" as they already flat out lied for years in falsely claiming it was included. Not to mention that the upfront pricing scam is upcharging many pax that the vast majority don't tip and in many cases I don't blame them.
    2&3)Charging $.15/min accomplishes absolutely nothing at all. And if we wait for the full 5 mins and are forced to cancel, the wait time should be added to the cancelation fee AND it should not count against the drivers cancelation rate The only good change was the new 2 min time limit when the pax cancels.
    4)24/7 phone support - let's start with the fact that there are a lot of markets that still didn't have this option. I've had decent results but again too little, too late because all they did was join the rest of the civilized world by adding something that should have been in place from the beginning.
    5)Improved earnings pages - another 1/2 a** attempt that they still randomly screw around with. Good because we can see the breakdown and what the pax paid, bad because they're just throwing it in your face how much they're screwing us AND the pax and they know you can't do a damn thing about it.
    6)No thanks button - not a bad feature buy overall is nothing to rave about.
    9)Long ride notifications- another step in the right direction but still needs a LOT of work so we'll have to wait and see what happens.

So guess your technically right, they did make some changes. Just that they're usefulness is all b*s.

10. WaveRunner1

WaveRunner1 Well-Known Member

180 Days Of Scams strikes again.

This is entirely a front to cover their unethical upfront fares scam. Notice how they also keep increasing booking fees. In essence what Uber did was raise rates, and considerably for some riders, with not a penny passed to the driver. Disgusting and shameful company.

11. tohunt4me

tohunt4me Well-Known Member

Everyone in Corporate should be FORCED TO DRIVE !

MoreTips and Mista T like this.
  12. Tihstae

Tihstae Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Are you kidding me? There is already over saturation and you want to make it worse?

PTUber and Mista T like this.
  13. ABC123DEF

ABC123DEF Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Yes...eff this current jacked-up job market.

14. HumbleKid

HumbleKid Member

Lol.