180 days of same ol’ same ol’

czervik7

Since in-app tipping I’ve lost money on tips.

Now, the good folks at Uber have taken back 4 destination rides. But don’t fret, they’re working on giving us drivers even greater control...but now they must give us less.

The only thing this will do is cause me to turn off my Uber app when I’m out of Destination filters and go with Lyft only. I’m not sure how that will help Uber give more rides in more places.

Let’s see what happens with Trip Preferences.

Teach1

The whole point of destination rides I thought was so when it’s time to go home a person doesn’t get a ride in the opposite direction. That’s what people were b*****ing about. Uber saw that people were trying to set up longer rides. So back to two. I wish they would look at airport situation as closely.

Wren

Drivers are so expendable that Über isn't concerned that taking away, or adjusting, the destination filter will lead to less drivers on the road. For example, drivers that are ready to go home will just TURN OFF the app as opposed to making use of the destination feature. One less driver on the road. Uber prefers this possibility. It says a lot.

Having said that, who needs it more than twice a day? If it was used the way it was intended, ideally a driver tries to pick up a passenger on the drivers way to the drivers day job from Akron to Cleveland, then tries it again for the reverse trip after day job, or some similar scenario. We didn't even have the destination filter a year ago, that didn't stop anybody.

czervik7

I use it to drive where I want. I can get rides from the airport to downtown or Cleveland Clinic. Then I can go back to the airport. If we can’t see where we're going at least we can kind of direct it with destination filters.

I also head home in the middle of my drive day. So I burn two filters because I used one at the end of the day.

vsimeone

I live in Canton. A few weeks ago, I took a ride from Canton to The Melting Pot on Euclid. I drove over to the Rock Hall (did a race packet pickup while I was there) and turned on my destination filter on my way back home. Immediately got a pick up at the Rock Hall for a couple blocks ride to a hotel. I figured I'd immediately get another super short ride and be done with my destination filters for the day. No worries, I didn't get another ride the rest of the way home.

czervik7

Were you expecting a ride home?

Drivers are so expendable that Über isn't concerned that taking away, or adjusting, the destination filter will lead to less drivers on the road. For example, drivers that are ready to go home will just TURN OFF the app as opposed to making use of the destination feature. One less driver on the road. Uber prefers this possibility. It says a lot.

Having said that, who needs it more than twice a day? If it was used the way it was intended, ideally a driver tries to pick up a passenger on the drivers way to the drivers day job from Akron to Cleveland, then tries it again for the reverse trip after day job, or some similar scenario. We didn't even have the destination filter a year ago, that didn't stop anybody.
Drivers are so “expendable” that Lyft is offering a $750 bonus. I use Lyft for their bonuses like last week. If Uber goes dark, use the competition. Pay attention. It’s not political. It’s business.

vsimeone

Were you expecting a ride home?

Drivers are so “expendable” that Lyft is offering a $750 bonus. I use Lyft for their bonuses like last week. If Uber goes dark, use the competition. Pay attention. It’s not political. It’s business.

I sure didn't EXPECT it but I would have liked it better than a dead trip home!!!

czervik7

More Change...

Uber no longer allows you to change a passenger rating after the fact. Guess this is in preparation by Uber for letting passengers know WHY they were rated below a five if they received a few such low ratings.

I always rate passengers a 4 or less. If they tipped, I went back and had Uber bump their rating back up. I’m sure Uber is on to that one as well.

RaeV

More Change...

Uber no longer allows you to change a passenger rating after the fact. Guess this is in preparation by Uber for letting passengers know WHY they were rated below a five if they received a few such low ratings.

I always rate passengers a 4 or less. If they tipped, I went back and had Uber bump their rating back up. I’m sure Uber is on to that one as well.

Just curious, what does a passenger have to do to get a 5? What does a driver have to do to get a 5?