Uber Drivers Forum banner

180 days of.... nevermind

2K views 31 replies 15 participants last post by  Surgeless in Seattle 
#1 · (Edited)
So they're taking away df in busy areas at busy times? Am i reading this right?

Attachments

See less See more
1 1
#4 ·
180 Days of FU continues. I had that screen pop up on me when I dropped off a pax at the airport, said ride coming courtesy of a DF that was not set for the airport but my home destination which is located due south of the airport. It's pretty obvious from what they said when they dumped the additional four they handed out for those very few weeks that all this grief is aimed at airport runs. Apparently many drivers set their DFs for the airport, and no doubt keep milking it until it times out. If Uber's "busy area" is the airport (and we all know it is), and SKC dwelling drivers such as myself and K-Pax will effectively not be able to use DFs at all all for "heading to-or-from home". If I come home at certain times I can rely on an airport run to offset my commuting costs. I seldom get anything further south than the airport (although I have), especially outside of certain hours, and not as reliable as airport runs. I'd be happy to take a rider from Seattle/Eastside directly to the pathetic burg I call home, but those are pretty rare beasts. So not happy about this latest "improvement" at all, nosirreee.

#8 · (Edited)
I could get very socioeconomic about this one. If they do in fact block southbound DFs, this will be giving an unfair competitive advantage to people with higher incomes. Since in the puget sound area, lower incomes tend to live south of Seattle (higher incomes north or east, or inside seattle itself), it's no wonder they have a ton of drivers using southbound DFs to get home. Uber doesn't pay well enough for many drivers to afford to live anywhere but south king county or pierce county.

Beyond this: Not only did Uber take away the extra DFs so commuters had less options, but now they are going to choose when and where people can set them. There is no transparency as to how these decisions are made or why. Simply. Uber effectively gave itself a killswitch where they can arbitrarily deny them for any reason or no reason. Say goodbye to using DFs for strategy as literally any time it surges or there is any demand (hint: when you stand a chance of sctually getting matches) it constitutes a 'busy time' and 'busy area'.

They couldn't just leave it at taking away the extra filters. They had to add an extra middle finger just to let us know how much they really care about drivers. One would think that they go beyond indifference... they seem to actually lividly hate drivers and order every decision, unless their CEO is literally being thrown out of the company with daily scandals all over the news, to give drivers the finger. They wasted no time with the new CEO. The screw job is quickening, since the heat is off.

#5 ·
If these assholes want "network reliability " then up the minimum fare to $7 and make stool rates match x. Bam, the vast majority of passengers wouldn't have to wait for rides. But no, keep ****ing us over instead. Great way to keep your driver acquisition costs sky high.

My guess is the next move will be hiding if it's x or stool. "Don't worry! You'll make more per hour bc you won't be wasting time figuring if it's x or stool!" We care about drivers!

#9 ·
Remember everyone this is in response to drivers cherry picking and being "unreliable " in boobers eyes. We need to double down on these efforts. Do not let them push us around. 1 star every minimum ride. The fact that these ****s are doing these things means we're having an effect. As long as the driver community keeps pushing back we can disrupt their bullshit system

#11 ·
Remember everyone this is in response to drivers cherry picking and being "unreliable " in boobers eyes. We need to double down on these efforts. Do not let them push us around. 1 star every minimum ride. The fact that these &%$@!*s are doing these things means we're having an effect. As long as the driver community keeps pushing back we can disrupt their bullshit system
minimum ride? like $2.55 rides? I'll all about a protest boycott

#13 ·
I loved using the filters to my advantage like the rest of us. This will hurt me too. But for those saying how evil Uber is for this keep in mind we were the ones using the filters for reasons not intended. We gamed the system and it worked well for us.

It sounds like they might just be changing how its used during high surge time (I.e. concert or sporting event) and certain dropoff locations (I.e airport). So I don't think this is a total death sentence for filters and their usage.

#19 ·
Uber Loves You !

3 years ago i planned to have black car and wear tuxedo to drive.
Now i try to maintain my 3 year old car i bought before Uber.
After 4 USELESS RATE CUTS working Twice as Hard for less than Half the money is NOT APPEALING.

DELIVERING PIZZA IS MORE PROFITABLE AND DAMAGES MY VALUABLE CAR LESS THAN UBER.

Uber just stacks insult upon injury on drivers.
Every week is a new way to screw drivers.

#25 · (Edited)
If these assholes want "network reliability " then up the minimum fare to $7 and make stool rates match x. Bam, the vast majority of passengers wouldn't have to wait for rides. But no, keep &%$@!*ing us over instead. Great way to keep your driver acquisition costs sky high.

My guess is the next move will be hiding if it's x or stool. "Don't worry! You'll make more per hour bc you won't be wasting time figuring if it's x or stool!" We care about drivers!
I say $10 minimum!! Gotta front-run inflation, plus it would weed-out (most) 1/2 mile trips.

I could get very socioeconomic about this one. If they do in fact block southbound DFs, this will be giving an unfair competitive advantage to people with higher incomes. Since in the puget sound area, lower incomes tend to live south of Seattle (higher incomes north or east, or inside seattle itself), it's no wonder they have a ton of drivers using southbound DFs to get home. Uber doesn't pay well enough for many drivers to afford to live anywhere but south king county or pierce county.

Beyond this: Not only did Uber take away the extra DFs so commuters had less options, but now they are going to choose when and where people can set them. There is no transparency as to how these decisions are made or why. Simply. Uber effectively gave itself a killswitch where they can arbitrarily deny them for any reason or no reason. Say goodbye to using DFs for strategy as literally any time it surges or there is any demand (hint: when you stand a chance of sctually getting matches) it constitutes a 'busy time' and 'busy area'.

They couldn't just leave it at taking away the extra filters. They had to add an extra middle finger just to let us know how much they really care about drivers. One would think that they go beyond indifference... they seem to actually lividly hate drivers and order every decision, unless their CEO is literally being thrown out of the company with daily scandals all over the news, to give drivers the finger. They wasted no time with the new CEO. The screw job is quickening, since the heat is off.
Agreed . . . except for the North part, rents are cheap in Shoreline and Lake City.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.