180 days of change

Harry70

First destination gone than virtual timeouts . Now fake surges . Nothing is helping drivers . Drivers are in more miserable now . All was ok before these algorithm changes .

Zokipoki

Yea I don't know why they did what they did. Even with 6 destination it was working fine a month ago. Sure it was slower than usual but at least the features worked. Now destination no longer works unless it's rush hour and you are 500 meters from rider. Fake surges all over city at all times of day and night. This morning Scarborough is surging with massive amount of driver at every intersection.

Drivers need to work twice as long to make the same money as before. $40 per hour was possible before and $30 was simple. Now you are lucky if you can do $20 per before removing HST.

I was wasting $25 gas per day before. Now only $10 if even that. I drive 80km, take 100$ and call it a day.

Complete bs uber is doing. Injustice and it's 180 days of virtual change.

IMG_0554.PNG

Like what kind of symbology surge is this? ?????????? Fake no doubt

They are truly messing with drivers heads.

MUGATS

Too many drivers in one area so Fake surges are an attempt to balance coverage across the GTA

The only way to get surge rides in my eyes is to closely monitor trends in an area. Never take the first ping or second ping on a Friday or Saturday leading into rush times. People are lemmings.... They all go everywhere at the same time. Just wait.... Then presto, you will have some surge. Gotta let that critical mass build.

Grab the first ride at 10:00pm and I almost guarantee that you'll miss the surge that will follow shortly thereafter.

JanMarkus

I got a passenger last night and he was asking me if I chase surges. I told him NO because they are fake. He fell silent. I was thinking either my rider is an Uber driver as well or an Uber undercover agent who is researching how Uber drivers are reacting to these fake surges.

Zokipoki

I got a passenger last night and he was asking me if I chase surges. I told him NO because they are fake. He fell silent. I was thinking either my rider is an Uber driver as well or an Uber undercover agent who is researching how Uber drivers are reacting to these fake surges.
They don't need agents to see how drivers are reacting. They have all the data they need. Drivers go online and chase.

Harry70

The only way to get surge rides in my eyes is to closely monitor trends in an area. Never take the first ping or second ping on a Friday or Saturday leading into rush times. People are lemmings.... They all go everywhere at the same time. Just wait.... Then presto, you will have some surge. Gotta let that critical mass build.

Grab the first ride at 10:00pm and I almost guarantee that you'll miss the surge that will follow shortly thereafter.
We are talking about unwarranted surge . No demand . Your post is out of context .

Mr. Wakko

Couple days ago, it was surging in North York (fake one per say). I was just heading home with no destination set. Then, received a ping from 470 Sentinel. Regular ping screen with no description of surge, even the location being shown inside of the fake surge area.
Picked up pax (nice dude btw, rate 4.89).
Confirmed destination and we started the small talk. Out of the blue he says: "you guys must me busy, eh? I'm paying almost twice of regular fare".
He continued explaining that he requests the same ride at least three times per week and never had to pay anything different.
So, it just confirms that Uber is ripping off pax and paying us regular fare.
Thoughts?

WillC

Couple days ago, it was surging in North York (fake one per say). I was just heading home with no destination set. Then, received a ping from 470 Sentinel. Regular ping screen with no description of surge, even the location being shown inside of the fake surge area.
Confirmed destination and we started the small talk. Out of the blue he says: "you guys must me busy, eh? I'm paying almost twice of regular fare".
He continued explaining that he requests the same ride at least three times per week and never had to pay anything different.
Thoughts?
Not too surprised. It appears to me that Uber overcharges every single ride, surge or not, long or short, and they do those on behalf of the drivers.

UberxGTA

Thoughts?
Next time ask the rider what uber quoted them and check it against what they pay you.

Andy911

Thoughts?

I always believed this to be true.especially when you have a pax already and can't see that in the map it is surging in the area of dropoff.