• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

180 Days of Change..Joke

Kurt Halfyard

Author
LYFT already does this. The 'you are making progress' takes into account traffic and other circumstance, but it's not as good as Waze/Google, so you could be punished by UBERs (or LYFTs) App being on the fringe of truth/acceptable.

Working4peanuts

Once again, ubers solution to a problem is to punish ALL drivers. Just like the removal of the 6 df per day rule.

If they just deactivated the problem drivers there wouldn't be a need for this.

Ben Wood

They have a deactivation policy for drivers with consistently higher cancellations..
not enough... there are too many drivers. time to filter out the crap: many of who are former taxi drivers leeching off rideshare..

IMO rating should be tied to payment... driver's should get 10% more pay for maintaining ratings above 4.9 and start to lose 10% per .1 below 4.9...

ryan137

Once again, ubers solution to a problem is to punish ALL drivers. Just like the removal of the 6 df per day rule.

DF works so much better with only 2 per day I would argue that maybe 3 would be a good maximum, but 6 was pointless, it broke the system. I was never getting destination rides when we had 6.

Ben Wood

listen, this is a good thing... as a rider i once had a driver sitting at his house for 10 minutes while i waited for him... i called, no answer...

so I got in my car and drove to his house. got there as he was trying to jump in his car seemingly very confused as to how his pax got there...

i cancelled and uber billed me... i called and naturally they refunded plus some $5 credits for future rides...

hopefully the driver was deactivated. he was a loser.

Raja_mic

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
not enough... there are too many drivers. time to filter out the crap: many of who are former taxi drivers leeching off rideshare..

IMO rating should be tied to payment... driver's should get 10% more pay for maintaining ratings above 4.9 and start to lose 10% per .1 below 4.9...
You are right to an extent..but 4.9 is a bit too harsh...some drivers get less stars for absolutely no reason..so in my view it would be fair if the standard is set to 4.7..

Kurt Halfyard

Author
listen, this is a good thing... as a rider i once had a driver sitting at his house for 10 minutes while i waited for him... i called, no answer...
I often wait in my house (with car plugged in) instead of driving around.
My 'fire-pole' time to get driving is about 20-30 seconds. Less than your average Mississauga Red Light.
There is no excuse for 10 minutes! ha.

Ben Wood

You are right to an extent..but 4.9 is a bit too harsh...some drivers get less stars for absolutely no reason..so in my view it would be fair if the standard is set to 4.7..
yeah fair enough... there just needs to be more incentives for drivers to provide great service

Ben Wood

I often wait in my house (with car plugged in) instead of driving around.
My 'fire-pole' time to get driving is about 20-30 seconds. Less than your average Mississauga Red Light.
There is no excuse for 10 minutes! ha.
i do the same thing and like you I am in my car and driving within 30 seconds of the ping... good drivers should not support shit drivers... we're not in a union here... we're contractors. the more they deactivate the better it becomes for the rest of us

Isn't you are being paid incentive enough? There was a time when you wouldn't be allowed to pickup passengers for $$$$$
it's enough for me because i care about the work i do in life...

based on the testimonials on this board alone many gta drivers take no pride in their work

dmoney155

so I got in my car and drove to his house. got there as he was trying to jump in his car seemingly very confused as to how his pax got there...

i cancelled and uber billed me... i called and naturally they refunded plus some $5 credits for future rides...

hopefully the driver was deactivated. he was a loser.
Lol too funny did you offer him a ride to your pickup destination? :smiles: