1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

180 Days of Change..Joke

Discussion in 'Toronto' started by Raja_mic, Apr 4, 2018.

1. Raja_mic

Raja_mic

This is what uber is doing good for drivers..Lol 20180404_121615.jpg

2. They should charge surge(if there is any) when they cancel so if surge was 2x the fee would be $10

Lolinator likes this.
  3. Raja_mic

Raja_mic

Haha..gone are the days when there was a thing called SURGE...

phreeradical and MrAbduz like this.
  4. Kurt Halfyard

Kurt Halfyard Moderator Author

Driving:
    Lyft
    LYFT already does this. The 'you are making progress' takes into account traffic and other circumstance, but it's not as good as Waze/Google, so you could be punished by UBERs (or LYFTs) App being on the fringe of truth/acceptable.

Actionjax and Harry70 like this.
  5. Ben Wood

Ben Wood

Driving:
    UberX
    it's my understanding that some drivers play games with cancels. they should be deactivated

dondon, loilae, Ubercartel and 3 others like this.
  6. Raja_mic

Raja_mic

They have a deactivation policy for drivers with consistently higher cancellations..

7. Once again, ubers solution to a problem is to punish ALL drivers. Just like the removal of the 6 df per day rule.

If they just deactivated the problem drivers there wouldn't be a need for this.

8. Ben Wood

Ben Wood

Driving:
    UberX
    not enough... there are too many drivers. time to filter out the crap: many of who are former taxi drivers leeching off rideshare..

IMO rating should be tied to payment... driver's should get 10% more pay for maintaining ratings above 4.9 and start to lose 10% per .1 below 4.9...

Ubercartel and Athos like this.
  9. ryan137

ryan137

Driving:
    UberX
    DF works so much better with only 2 per day I would argue that maybe 3 would be a good maximum, but 6 was pointless, it broke the system. I was never getting destination rides when we had 6.

Athos likes this.
  10. Ben Wood

Ben Wood

Driving:
    UberX
    listen, this is a good thing... as a rider i once had a driver sitting at his house for 10 minutes while i waited for him... i called, no answer...

so I got in my car and drove to his house. got there as he was trying to jump in his car seemingly very confused as to how his pax got there...

i cancelled and uber billed me... i called and naturally they refunded plus some $5 credits for future rides...

hopefully the driver was deactivated. he was a loser.

LAS0023 and ryan137 like this.
  11. Raja_mic

Raja_mic

You are right to an extent..but 4.9 is a bit too harsh...some drivers get less stars for absolutely no reason..so in my view it would be fair if the standard is set to 4.7..

Athos likes this.
  12. Kurt Halfyard

Driving:
    Lyft
    LYFT's standard for getting a free AMP is 4.7. It's a good transition point between good drivers and below average drivers.

Athos and ryan137 like this.
  13. Raja_mic

Raja_mic

Ya..That is how I feel

14. Kurt Halfyard

Driving:
    Lyft
    I often wait in my house (with car plugged in) instead of driving around.
    My 'fire-pole' time to get driving is about 20-30 seconds. Less than your average Mississauga Red Light.
    There is no excuse for 10 minutes! ha.

15. Ben Wood

Ben Wood

Driving:
    UberX
    yeah fair enough... there just needs to be more incentives for drivers to provide great service

ryan137 likes this.
  16. Raja_mic

Raja_mic

Yes Sir

17. Actionjax

Actionjax

Driving:
    UberLUX
    Isn't you are being paid incentive enough? There was a time when you wouldn't be allowed to pickup passengers for $$$$$

Harry70 likes this.
  18. Ben Wood

Ben Wood

Driving:
    UberX
    i do the same thing and like you I am in my car and driving within 30 seconds of the ping... good drivers should not support **** drivers... we're not in a union here... we're contractors. the more they deactivate the better it becomes for the rest of us

it's enough for me because i care about the work i do in life...

based on the testimonials on this board alone many gta drivers take no pride in their work

Actionjax likes this.
  19. dmoney155

dmoney155

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Lol too funny did you offer him a ride to your pickup destination? :)

Ubercartel likes this.
  20. Lolinator

Lolinator

They should charge for the trip to pax

Or make a rating bonus