180 days of change but only if you are an American

Wayne01

Part of the conversation I had with the Platinum desk was the changes in the USA of the 180 days of change.
If you have not heard about it you can read this article
https://www.dailydot.com/debug/uber-180-days-change/
Most of the links in the UBER site are down and seems to be in dissaray.
I thought I would write about my conversation. Or more precisely lack of conversation.
The guy behind the desk just had a blank look and said... "what is 180 days of change?" Others under him in the pre booking counter seemed to know about it but not him... Only some of the most important ideas to placate the drivers. More destination filters, working in areas, tipping and the list goes on... UBER is loosing market share in the USA to Lyft and it seems that the last thing on their mind is to help drivers anywhere else in the world... It is strange how we can get a page full of crap on our front screen with no way of archiving it like any normal software... But something like this... Crickets... UBER has the most simple concept that works... Cheap fares easily but the least progressive in every other way...

Apollo

Part of the conversation I had with the Platinum desk was the changes in the USA of the 180 days of change.
If you have not heard about it you can read this article
https://www.dailydot.com/debug/uber-180-days-change/
Most of the links in the UBER site are down and seems to be in dissaray.
I thought I would write about my conversation. Or more precisely lack of conversation.
The guy behind the desk just had a blank look and said... "what is 180 days of change?" Others under him in the pre booking counter seemed to know about it but not him... Only some of the most important ideas to placate the drivers. More destination filters, working in areas, tipping and the list goes on... UBER is loosing market share in the USA to Lyft and it seems that the last thing on their mind is to help drivers anywhere else in the world... It is strange how we can get a page full of crap on our front screen with no way of archiving it like any normal software... But something like this... Crickets... UBER has the most simple concept that works... Cheap fares easily but the least progressive in every other way...
And i thought we were the 51st state of the USA.

Infrequent

I have the feeling that things start happening in Australia some time after they start happening in USA. What were the start dates for Uber in San Francisco and in Melbourne? Whatever the gap, factor in a similar gap between 180 days of change in San Francisco, and change in Melbourne. There is not a lot of evidence of managers with authority to manage in Melbourne. That needs some time to remedy.

weekendnightdriver

4 months until the end of 180 days. Kalanick's resignation, tipping option in the US so far. What can they do more?

They already know what we want but they will never do it: rate increase.
Everything else is useless and just distracting us from the real issue.

People are ordering 2.4x Uber while the cabs next to them are waiting for them just to pop in. Uber has got already into the pax's habit. Why can't they increase the rate and provide more reliable service without stressful surge?
I don't want to cancel 1.6x paxs because it is surging 2x. Pax won't be cancelled and need to wait for longer. I won't need to gamble between job loss and 2x surge job.

Who is John Galt?

G'day rodent :smiles:

180 days of change but only if you are an American

What is the siuation if you were American, but you then wised up, learnt about irony and became a naturalised Aussie? :smiles:
Would you then only get 90 days of change?
I would be very interested to see the full schedule here.

There are Canucks as well. I mean they are sort of Americans, but they probably have a better understanding of humour. :biggrin:
And then the Québécoise. Different again - actually from my experience, downright awesome :biggrin:

So....what about American Samoans? What is their schedule?
And of course, 'An American in Paris' what would his schedule be? George Gershwin could write a score for this.

Apollo

G'day rodent :smiles:

What is the siuation if you were American, but you then wised up, learnt about irony and became a naturalised Aussie? :smiles:
Would you then only get 90 days of change?
I would be very interested to see the full schedule here.

There are Canucks as well. I mean they are sort of Americans, but they probably have a better understanding of humour. :biggrin:
And then the Québécoise. Different again - actually from my experience, downright awesome :biggrin:

So....what about American Samoans? What is their schedule?
And of course, 'An American in Paris' what would his schedule be? George Gershwin could write a score for this.
Our American friend the rat, might still be sleeping.At least his got us in his pecking order, even if we are 56th.I know that Puerto Rico is ahead of us.But who else.Maybe the Kiwi's are in front of us now.Especially as they have beaten the US in the America's cup twice now on home soil.Even though technically the second success wasn't held in the US.