1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Discussion in 'Melbourne' started by Franco Cozzo, May 18, 2018.

1. Franco Cozzo

Franco Cozzo Well-Known Member

Yep petrol going up to 161.9 or 164.9 at various locations

Base ants enjoy

2. Solarman

Solarman Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Any ant. Enjoy. Unless you're a Tesla or Prius or any other Uber approved 100% battery car driving ant.

george manousaridis likes this.
  3. Franco Cozzo

Craptiva drivers should drop like flies at 12 litres per 100km for either diesel or petrol

The Hybrid Bros will soldier on

4. Immoralized

Immoralized Well-Known Member

my 4cyl ford eats 7/100km it does very well. :oops: and i drive it like i stole it.

everythingsuber, Apollo and Golfer like this.
  5. Homebrand Taxi

Homebrand Taxi Well-Known Member

Time to put your car on blocks and repurpose the Uber app.

Ride trains online or ride your bike around accepting pings and then offer services like mobile mobile phone recharge or sell juices, cigarettes, condoms etc. You'll end up ahead.

Who is John Galt? and Golfer like this.

6. Who is John Galt?

Who is John Galt? Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX

Talk about click bait. I thought this was about Lovely Laura. And her 164.9k followers :D

Lovely Laura Screenshot-2018-5-18 164 9 - Google Search.png

george manousaridis and Apollo like this.
  7. kooljp

kooljp Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Who is Lovely Laura?
    and Who is John Galt?

8. Immoralized

they are one in the same :oops:

9. Who is John Galt?

Driving:
    UberX

Laura Jade Stone. A lovely Babe I met while blogging. Just Google her name and be as delighted as she is being Laura. :)

Forgot to mention......Adelaide Babe.

Last edited: May 18, 2018
  10. kooljp

kooljp Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    she kind of looks like a young Kimberley Davies

11. Who is John Galt?

Driving:
    UberX
    Oops. Sorry. :(

Back to the important price of petrol. When Laura and I are in the car together....the price of petrol seems to not even register in our conciousness for some reason.
    Nonetheless, it is an important topic and I would like to pose a question if I may. If you had an Über driver who was doing say 1,000 or 1,500 kms per week and he or she had fuel consumption of say 8.0 litres per 100 km - what would be the weekly increase in total petrol cost from say $1.20 per litre to say $1.60 per litre? Would it be one trip or two?

Thanks. Obviously, this is the sort of minutiae which the OP is able to provide where I am, and I admit, totally hopeless.

Last edited: May 18, 2018
  12. Seiko Obsession

Seiko Obsession Well-Known Member

Accept ping and pull slider dude

13. Franco Cozzo

2000kms a week for the good ants on here

Extra $60 a week
    $3000 a year less earnings

14. Paultl

Paultl Well-Known Member

Hey drama queen, its 10% higher than the last price cycle, so since then it will cost me $700 a year more. Less the GST credit =$636. Less than 1cent a km. $12 week.

12L/100km haha.

The only people driving your Craptivas are the ones who believed select was their savour. Until they all followed each other like sheep. They are the only ones who will fork at an extra $1500 a year.

15. Who is John Galt?

Driving:
    UberX

About an extra $12 p.w. Thanks PaultlPaultl. That is pretty much what I figured - one small extra trip per week.

If someone was to take that small extra trip, say 20 minutes to cater for any mucking around, perhaps that could be compensated by 20 minutes less per week coming on here and droning on about $8 per hour.

16. Franco Cozzo

True

But there are hundreds of silver Craptivas around

Oh yeah ....

Couldnt work out the figures yourself

$12 a week

Yeah right

Dyno figures on the road

$30 hourly for 40 hours

So many cool stories

17. Who is John Galt?

Driving:
    UberX

I couldn't be bothered working out those figures as I have absolutely no interest in them whatsoever - the only figures that I am really interested in, are those in dresses and skirts and little shorts and bikinis and.....

In addition, I know that you will give constant 30 minute updates on the latest average hourly nett driver revenue generated, how bad it is and what a waste of everyone's time it is when those same drivers could be counting number plates whilst awaiting the daily 10 minute flash of surge.

Very much like watching the scroll of the stock market ticker across the bottom of the screen, every driver across the length and breadth of this great land sits on the edge of his seat ready for the latest Cozzo update on average driver compensation.

The Franco Repeato Driver Index (FRDI), as it is now referred to, and which I might add makes the Dow Jones Industrial Average look like kindergarten stuff, creates mixed emotions among the driver brotherhood, as each day many drivers are reduced to another bout of self flagellation in an attempt to lift themselves out of their pathetic acceptance of another 1¢ per hour reduction in total compensation due to a petrol price rise, reduced wiper blade lifespan caused by wet weather or a myriad of other income and expense challenges.

The Hollywood style blockbuster treatment which is now accorded the constant FRDI updates, has created a great deal of ill feeling among other forum members, and some, such as Neil WhiteNeil White have become so disenfranchised that they have fabricated fantastic stories :eek: and taken leave.

Interesting days indeed!

From my perspective of the figures of which I am interested, may the skirts rise and the index indicate. :)

18. Apollo

Apollo Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Lol.Would you believe i share the same interest.:oops:

19. guerre64

guerre64 Active Member

Lucky I did my last rideshare trip today - for 3 weeks that is!!! Off to lovely Indonesia for some R&R :), so hopefully fuel drops back down a bit once I'm back :p

20. Immoralized

be 2 dollars a liters when you get back :p

george manousaridis and Apollo like this.