• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

1530am/93.1fm. The pat Walsh show with a piece about Uber strike.

Wings2000

I have a question about the strike tomorrow.

I have read that many people will "participate" by not logging onto Uber but said they'll just do Lyft that day. Umm, isn't that completely against the effing point?!

Lyft is giving the same sh!tty pay but just with slightly more professionalism. The whole point is to hit BOTH major TNC apps so they BOTH finally listen and meet us in the middle. There is a fair middle ground to this, it won't be easy but it is absolutely possible when the companies are finally ready to sit at the table and have a legitimate discussion.

The stupidity of the masses of sheeple baffles me.

Even the CA Supreme court ruled the way the companies treat drivers is not congruent with the legal standard for independent contractors. The companies get all the benefits of keeping us IC but drivers don't. Like choosing our pay rate per job, choosing which jobs to accept (by holding us to acceptance/cancellation ratings and the consequences of not meeting their set number expectations they are effectively removing our choice as an IC on which jobs we want to take), etcetera.

Wings2000

Sh!t, I got distracted and started watching Sinister 2 and completely forgot to tune it, sorry. Is there a recording of that segment on the show's website maybe?