15 canceled rides no mask no service

UberFizzle

That's a lot of canceled rides, but good for you. Don't ever risk your health because others are too lazy/selfish to follow rules. You could also follow up with driver support to request compensation. They sometimes do it.

UberFizzle

FIFY

Have to wait and let the 5 minute timer expire.
I thought the cancelation fee is only for no-shows after 5 minutes. Selecting "No mask" as the cancelation reason doesn't give you the fee, nor does it show up in your trip history. Unless you're intentionally selecting no-show as the reason just to collect the fee.

UberFizzle

On Uber- wait out 5 minute timer and select “no mask”. I’ve gotten the cancel fee every time.
On lyft- you don’t have to wait out the timer or call pax as long as you select “no mask” as the reason you’re canceling. Works for me every time.
Interesting, I didn’t know that. Do you just linger around until the 5 minutes are up after telling the passenger you can’t take them?

SHalester

May I just say the fact with Uber you need to 'wait' 5 minutes before declaring no mask to get the fee is just wrong on every level. Like I'm going to hang on a residential street with the pax, like right there. sheesh.

Myself, should I go online and masks are still a thing I plan on using the pack I got from Uber for those ding dong pax who don't have one.

UberchickATL

Interesting, I didn’t know that. Do you just linger around until the 5 minutes are up after telling the passenger you can’t take them?
I apologize and let them know it’s ubers policy. Then I politely ask them to cancel. Sometimes they cancel but if they don’t, I drive around the corner to wait out the timer. Same thing with no car seats, too many pax, and underage pax.

Seamus

I thought the cancelation fee is only for no-shows after 5 minutes. Selecting "No mask" as the cancelation reason doesn't give you the fee, nor does it show up in your trip history. Unless you're intentionally selecting no-show as the reason just to collect the fee.
With Uber no matter what the reason: unaccompanied minor, car seat, no mask etc.etc. you always have to wait the timer and then select the reason. That's not true you only get paid for no show. You get paid for all of them but the timer has to expire.

kingcorey321

Who should not wear face coverings to prevent coronavirus disease?
Cloth face coverings should not be placed on children younger than 2 years old, anyone who has trouble breathing or is unconscious, anyone who is incapacitated or otherwise unable to remove the cloth face covering without assistance.May 28, 2020

I CANT wear a mask the pax says i have a disability . You dont give them a ride and get kicked lol Anybody can wear a cloth mask over there mouth its worthless zero protection but i think they can wear it.
And stop stressing these masks they do not stop the virus from spreading . If you have a infected pax even if you both have n95 mask on in a car with the windows up i have to think you will get the virus .