1200 Mile Trip ..was Paid to See Mt Rushmore

dauction

Lyft Ping early Tuesday says long trip . I'm always up for a long trip nice trip to MSP airport always pays ok.

600 Miles to destination ! The Guy calls me and says he needs to get to Rapid City SD (from St Cloud,Mn) asks if I am up-to it. SURE , lets do it.

I pick him up and se the destination is only as far as Sioux Falls SD, Lyft app wouldn't let him go as far as he need so we agreed on an additional $380 (from Sioux Falls to Rapid City SD (actually Hot Springs ..30 minutes past Rapid City)

We get to Sioux Falls and surprisingly Lyft paid $200 (thought for sure I'd get screwed $140 or something)… after 9 Hours we get to his destination Odometer read 600.01 Miles ! Total pay $580 ($400 after expenses) ..just under $1 a Mile .. I'm ok with that , came out to roughly $40 1 way ..$20 an Hour for the entire trip(total of 20 hours driving) . $400 / 20 hours = $20 per

$464 mileage deduction

1.My Expenses were 39 Gallons of Fuel.. x $2.40 average (low$2.26/high $2.44) = $93.60
2.Hotel $47 (Sleep INN in Siux Falls ..very clean)
3.Junk Food $20

Since I was only Half hour From Mt Rushmore decided to make a mini vacation out of the trip and went there..very cool..great scenery

600.JPG

200.JPG

1200.JPG

mtrush.JPG

Post automatically merged:

So yes ..that's my Longest trip by far.

He said the Bus was going to take 22 hours ! because of all the stops ..
view.JPG

BTW..absolutely the worst MPG I have ever gotten... SD interstate 90 is 80 Miles per hour ..I was doing 83 Miles per hour for 350 miles

Last edited:

dauction

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
He couldn’t find an airline ticket under $600?
He said Charter was going to cost 3k...and bus was 22 hours..so just for the heck of it tried lyft...was supposed to be at his destination the day before and now his girlfriend's all pissed off so you just wanted to get there as soon as possible

He served 25 years in the Air Force

Mkang14

Lyft Ping early Tuesday says long trip . I'm always up for a long trip nice trip to MSP airport always pays ok.

600 Miles to destination ! The Guy calls me and says he needs to get to Rapid City SD (from St Cloud,Mn) asks if I am up-to it. SURE , lets do it.

I pick him up and se the destination is only as far as Sioux Falls SD, Lyft app wouldn't let him go as far as he need so we agreed on an additional $380 (from Sioux Falls to Rapid City SD (actually Hot Springs ..30 minutes past Rapid City)

We get to Sioux Falls and surprisingly Lyft paid $200 (thought for sure I'd get screwed $140 or something)… after 9 Hours we get to his destination Odometer read 600.01 Miles ! Total pay $580 ($400 after expenses) ..just under $1 a Mile .. I'm ok with that , came out to roughly $40 1 way ..$20 an Hour for the entire trip(total of 20 hours driving) . $400 / 20 hours = $20 per

$464 mileage deduction

1.My Expenses were 39 Gallons of Fuel.. x $2.40 average (low$2.26/high $2.44) = $93.60
3.Junk Food $20

Since I was only Half hour From Mt Rushmore decided to make a mini vacation out of the trip and went there..very cool..great scenery

View attachment 399126
View attachment 399128
View attachment 399130

View attachment 399131

He said the Bus was going to take 22 hours ! because of all the stops .. View attachment 399127

BTW..absolutely the worst MPG I have ever gotten... SD interstate 90 is 80 Miles per hour ..I was doing 83 Miles per hour for 350 miles
Absolutely gorgeous.

peteyvavs

$464 mileage deduction

3.Junk Food $20

View attachment 399126
View attachment 399128
View attachment 399130

View attachment 399131

He said the Bus was going to take 22 hours ! because of all the stops .. View attachment 399127

That’s a trip worth taking.

WindyCityAnt

I always to this day regret losing all my pics of Yellowstone, and the stop for sleep i made in the badlands, woke up to wild buffalo roaming around my car. Not kidding you the least! It's amazing over there kinda by Mount Rushmore.

Amazing part of the country. So much history, scenes, and views upon the early evening sun and dawn. I would have taken that trip in 1 sec, and done the same thing!

Recommend anyone to go there! Absolutely stunning. Good for the OP! Gratz!

OrlUberOffDriver

$464 mileage deduction

3.Junk Food $20

View attachment 399126
View attachment 399128
View attachment 399130

View attachment 399131

AND in a MKZ Hybrid! YOU crazy man!!!!

waldowainthrop

This is a great story. I can think of a few 1000+ mile trips I’d be paid to take in Colorado or elsewhere in the west.

It takes even more faith from the customer to do a ride like this. If I were paying, I’d want more assurances than Lyft or Uber can provide.

OrlUberOffDriver

Have you ever had a vacation while working. Then get paid for it!? Are you kidding me? Wtf is wrong with you. Lol. OP did great. People spend thousands to get there. He got paid! Awesome job! stop being a sore loser.😞
I’ve been there! Drove from Mankato to Rapid City along that interstate with nothing, absolutely nothing to see for miles and miles.
once you get there...same thing NOTHING to write home about!!!!

WindyCityAnt

I’ve been there! Drove from Mankato to Rapid City along that interstate with nothing, absolutely nothing to see for miles and miles.
No appreciation for our home and land then. Typical millennial. 😐

Take time to appreciate the land we ALL live on together. How about the fruits, veggies, milk, cheese. All of it.

BUT YOU WANT MORE cuz mommy and daddy said so. Good luck living that way.

waldowainthrop

Look, I hate Mt. Rushmore and wouldn’t take a trip there, but some people hate the places I like hiking in and would find them boring. Different tastes.

The guy got a paid vacation to somewhere he liked and that’s all there is to it.