12 hour work day

Do you know a driver who sleeps in their car in Toronto?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

dmoney155

12 hrs is for underachievers. You gotta max out timers each and every day. With warm weather coming there is no excuse not to sleep in your car and grind grind grind. Build that capital so when the market crashes you be in position to scoop companies for pennies on a dollar and retire.

There's no shame in sleeping in the car. I do it all the time.

epcjay

I picked up this dude once. Said he is a Uber driver. He shares his car with 2 friends and they drive about 8 hours a day taking turns.

Averages 600$ a day. Some days more, some days less.

so is this efficient? Or sleeping in your car better?

Uberchampion

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I picked up this dude once. Said he is a Uber driver. He shares his car with 2 friends and they drive about 8 hours a day taking turns.

$600 a day between 3 of them? Because that's near impossible for one guy in 8 hours

dmoney155

Yeah, if the car can take that kind of abuse.

Speedy_Gonzales

There was this lady from Brampton at the driver advisory forum last year that brought up an issue. Her issue was “I sleep in car between trips, why Uber put limit on my driving time” ... at end of conversation she was happy to know that when she sleeps in her car, drive time isn’t counted. Smh...

WillC

$600 gross?

$600
-
13% HST ($78)
20% fuel ($120)
-
That’s $200 gone right there.
-
$400 / 3 drivers is $133 each for 8 hours.
Another $100 for vehicle replacement fund, maintenance & repairs

$300 / 3 drivers is $100 each for 8 hours.

Another $??? for income tax at the end of year.

dmoney155

There was this lady from Brampton at the driver advisory forum last year that brought up an issue. Her issue was “I sleep in car between trips, why Uber put limit on my driving time” ... at end of conversation she was happy to know that when she sleeps in her car, drive time isn’t counted. Smh...
but you still will run out eventually and you be forced to take 6 hrs time out.
Post automatically merged:

Another $??? for income tax at the end of year.
These guys pay no taxes.

Speedy_Gonzales

but you still will run out eventually and you be forced to take 6 hrs time out.
Post automatically merged:

These guys pay no taxes.
Yes u will. Now to that point, can you imagine how much she was driving before the 12 hour limit came in to effect. I’ve never had an issue with the 12 hour, as I usually go out for a few hours at a time, except for New Years where I rinse it. Unreal

dmoney155

Yes u will. Now to that point, can you imagine how much she was driving before the 12 hour limit came in to effect. I’ve never had an issue with the 12 hour, as I usually go out for a few hours at a time, except for New Years where I rinse it. Unreal
Yep... only time I ran out is when I do marathon weekends. You can still manage to stay pretty much 24 hrs a day with 2 apps, just gotta manage the timers so at some point you let one reset while you drive on the other.