1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

12-18 inches expected

Discussion in 'Minneapolis' started by Brandon Wood, Apr 12, 2018.

1. who is going to drive in the crazy snow storm that is on its way?

2. fairsailing

fairsailing

Driving:
    Lyft
    Snow=big dollars with AWD and good ground clearance. Ice and I stay home. We shall see.

"Pro" tip. In deep snow turn VSA off or you won't be able to move.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2018
  3. they are talking 1/4" ice coverage, which would be treacherous

4. I agree 100 % I normally drive my Kia Soul around but will be taking my AWD sorento out instead this weekend. Here’s to hoping for some decent money

5. Where are you getting 12-18 inches. I'm seeing a forecast of 4-8 inches in St. Paul. I have a 2015 Prius with winter tires. It's great in the snow, up to about 8-10 inches. I love driving in the snow.

6. Weather.com

7. Scorpion12

Scorpion12

If it's more than 5 inches, I am not gona drive, friday night will have the most snow.

8. AlexCom

AlexCom

VSA or Traction Control on some vehicles.
    I am surprised how many people have no idea and lack a basic knowledge of how their car functions.
    You see them all the time.

Turn it back on when you're on the highway.

Try to turn off Traction Control it is a lot of fun
    There's a video on YouTube how to do it

9. Zirkon

Zirkon

Driving:
    UberX
  10. I’m gonna watch the next 24 hours closely. Bad weather is great for demand, especially for Plus and Premier when basic Lyfts are too far away. BUUUUT.... I don’t want someone sliding into me on the road either. If it was just powdery dry snow like last month, no problem. Ice is deadly

DannyBrusco likes this.
  11. Kaal

Kaal

Roads are gonna get tricky starting midnight (if not even earlier) think I'm gonna stay at home.

AlexCom likes this.
  12. SurgeMasterMN

SurgeMasterMN

Unless it is surging 3x everywhere I am staying home. Made almost $700 last 2 days

13. A Prius good in 8-10 inches of snow? You’re talking about a plowed road and 8-10 in yards and everywhere but the road right? Because only way I see that happening is with a lift kit.

14. bernynhel

bernynhel

Seems uber is capping the surge at 2.0

15. Kaal

Kaal

Ya it's been at 2.0 for a couple of hours. St paul has 1.3 boost for some reason.

Sidenote..it's nice to sit at home on a Friday night and have a beer, cheers!

16. SurgeMasterMN

SurgeMasterMN

Stay home be safe not worth wrecking you car.

Sidenote: The Project For the New American Century has been in place for years. This is all part of the New World Orders Playbook...

tohunt4me likes this.
  17. AlexCom

AlexCom

It is nasty out here, got a ride from MSP to Farmington... Crying now

18. This locking surge at 2.0 is bull crap

tohunt4me and Immortal like this.
  19. Scorpion12

Scorpion12

In this weather 2x is not wort it.

20. I am sitting on my couch watching it. No where has gone above 2.0 all night

SurgeMasterMN and tohunt4me like this.