• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

113 TRIPS COMPARISON (OLD RATE VS NEW RATE) Shockingly Transparent

UberFalsified

Uber's reasoning to create a more consistent comp plan is fundamentally a crock of poop since successful drivers tailor their driving pattern to the style that works for them. For example, my focus has always been on the greatest distance with the least amount of time. My ideal airport run is 25 miles in 30 minutes. But, I'm happy with anything less than 2 minutes per mile. But, I tailored my routine after this goal.

I analyzed a random sampling of 113 trips and I found that my trips averaged 15 miles in 30 minutes. Shockingly, this rate change is transparent. $1761 on the old, and $1762 on the new. Pretty spot on, which makes Uber look pretty legit.

But, here's the deal...It took me about 3 or 4 months to refine the process to average 15 miles per trip. So if your style is like mine, you haven't anything to @@@@@ about. However, I'd bet 95% of drivers aren't even close to my 2/1 min/mile average. It's a quick and perfunctory analysis, but it should help establish a baseline for drivers to know what they are up against.

Attachments

UberFalsified

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Let this bong hit I just took to wear off and I'll get back to you on this.

Ok, it would be better yes if demand and time worked in a day were removed as constraints. But, they are critical so, no, you want min/miles

Greg1973

When I started driving semi I was working for someone else and getting paid 50c/mile. So every time I was asking dispatcher for long trips.
When got my own was the other case around. I was asking dispatcher for trips around 3$/mi. Price was more important than miles because all expenses were on me. And semi is ...thirsty !
I believe you drive your own car. If rental then I get it.

UberFalsified

So many variables, so many that I have to look past the Master and Servant elements. I have to block out my net earnings versus gross earnings because at the end of the day, I'm desperately trying to make my monthly nut. If we want to go brass tax and figure out exactly what are real true net earnings are after depreciation and expenses, then we might as well ALL confess WE are all freaking IDIOTS and peasant servants with me being the number one total Loser on this forum.

Friendly Jack

Uber's reasoning to create a more consistent comp plan is fundamentally a crock of poop since successful drivers tailor their driving pattern to the style that works for them. For example, my focus has always been on the greatest distance with the least amount of time. My ideal airport run is 25 miles in 30 minutes. But, I'm happy with anything less than 2 minutes per mile. But, I tailored my routine after this goal.

I analyzed a random sampling of 113 trips and I found that my trips averaged 15 miles in 30 minutes. Shockingly, this rate change is transparent. $1761 on the old, and $1762 on the new. Pretty spot on, which makes Uber look pretty legit.

But, here's the deal...It took me about 3 or 4 months to refine the process to average 15 miles per trip. So if your style is like mine, you haven't anything to @@@@@ about. However, I'd bet 95% of drivers aren't even close to my 2/1 min/mile average. It's a quick and perfunctory analysis, but it should help establish a baseline for drivers to know what they are up against.
I analyzed my last 50 trips, new rate vs old rate; all were UberX (I don't do Pool), a mix of city, airport and suburb trips, averaging 29 MPH.

Exactly 40% of my trips (20 of 50) yielded more at the new rate, but the maximum increase at the new rate was only 39 cents. 60% of my trips (30 of 50) yielded less at the new rate, with the maximum decrease being $3.79 (a long tollway trip of 48 miles). Overall, I would have been paid $20.57 less for the 50 trips at the new rate than at the old rate, an average of 41 cents less per trip.

So, it appears that while many shorter trips will yield slightly more at the new rate, the slight gain is more than offset by longer trips that surely will yield less pay to drivers. The $20.57 decrease is based on a total time and mileage of $580.78 (at new rate), therefore the rate change represents a 3.54% profit increase for Uber (time and mileage component only, base and wait time excluded) and an equal decrease for drivers. Not surprising to me. :frown:

Kuber

Here’s what we don’t know: how will this allow Uber to shift their pricing to get more business in the burbs? Because this change is OK to good in the city, but will really suck for deadhead trips from the airport to Barrington or Aurora or Lake Forest... unless this allows them to knock 20% off those burb trips that people might be using car services for.

Reactions: Nu1

Prius13

You could be a data scientist and make $120k per year or more. But instead..

UberFalsified

Used to be about 25k a month before my biz went bust. Now I'm just another cukarocha searching for a cake crumb.

Jinxstone

I stayed in the burbs last night and took mostly Lyft pings but every Uber ride I had paid less than it would have under the old system.

JohnnyWick

As long as the road constructions on 90 is going on, the new system pays more.

Yesterday I made 3 trips which were about 25 miles each using 90 and 94 which all took around 1 hr. I calculated the old pay and it was around $3 less per trip.

Also downtown $2.9 trips are now around $4.

Nu1

I analyzed my last 50 trips, new rate vs old rate; all were UberX (I don't do Pool), a mix of city, airport and suburb trips, averaging 29 MPH.

Exactly 40% of my trips (20 of 50) yielded more at the new rate, but the maximum increase at the new rate was only 39 cents. 60% of my trips (30 of 50) yielded less at the new rate, with the maximum decrease being $3.79 (a long tollway trip of 48 miles). Overall, I would have been paid $20.57 less for the 50 trips at the new rate than at the old rate, an average of 41 cents less per trip.

So, it appears that while many shorter trips will yield slightly more at the new rate, the slight gain is more than offset by longer trips that surely will yield less pay to drivers. The $20.57 decrease is based on a total time and mileage of $580.78 (at new rate), therefore the rate change represents a 3.54% profit increase for Uber (time and mileage component only, base and wait time excluded) and an equal decrease for drivers. Not surprising to me. :frown:
Good thread here...... I’m lazy to run the numbers. I said I’ll make 10$ less daily with the new rate...... but seeing Friendly Jack numbers my estimates are wrong. I do about 70 trips weekly so I might be paid only 30$ less with the new rates. Working about 35h/week it means uber gets 1$/hour from my average. Not happy but not the end of the world either. I would’ve like to see 1$ my way but I’m not the house......The real catch is when you file your taxes; miles, dollars, hours don’t add the same way( obviously less uber miles per dollars made ......personally I don’t care,but some might)

Nu1

A bit funny here.... some focus on min/mile , some on $/mile and me $/min. I don’t know which one is the best, different strategy different ratio you focus into.

Vladko

New fares bring me at least -60 bucks a week. No matter what strategy you use you are at loss.

Nu1

Earnings per minute by average trip speed on base X rates:
15 MPH
Old: $.3375 New: $.35

30 MPH
Old: $.475 New: $.50

45 MPH
Old: $.7125 New: $.65

60 MPH
Old: $.90 New: $.80
At 21mph new rate 0.4945$/min old rate 0.4915$/min 11.5 miles trip
At 36mph new rate 0.6635$/min old rate 0.6807$/min 30.25 miles trip
The faster you move the more money uber pocket with new rate. Both airport runs from the suburbs, could’ve go much faster on both trips but.... I’m gellin’ now. For now I’ll stay gellin’ ..... used to do 75mph on i88.... today 60mph cruise control. Before only 10% of the cars passed me now 90% pass me.... because I’m gellin’..... Are you gellin’ ?

I think the downtown trips are winners in this equations, the base fare of 1.43 divided on the miles or minutes driven is much higher than long suburban trips.

JetBoone

At 21mph new rate 0.4945$/min old rate 0.4915$/min 11.5 miles trip
At 36mph new rate 0.6635$/min old rate 0.6807$/min 30.25 miles trip
The faster you move the more money uber pocket with new rate. Both airport runs from the suburbs, could’ve go much faster on both trips but.... I’m gellin’ now. For now I’ll stay gellin’ ..... used to do 75mph on i88.... today 60mph cruise control. Before only 10% of the cars passed me now 90% pass me.... because I’m gellin’..... Are you gellin’ ?

I think the downtown trips are winners in this equations, the base fare of 1.43 divided on the miles or minutes driven is much higher than long suburban trips.
No doubt... I used to love those 45+ minute notifications late night on 2X+ surge. Not so much now.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
lukeliprip UberEATS 3
jehfmatic Los Angeles & Orange County 3
MadTownUberD Stories 36