1099 Form- No Longer an UBERDRIVER

MusicJazz

So I recently shut down my account prior to the end of the year.
I assumed I would still be able to log on and look at my tax documents, but I no longer have access to UBER driver or rider....

Uber states that there is no way for them to tell me how or if I will receive the 1099.
I was paid out like $543 total for the year 2016. Since I presumed I would be able to still view my past earning statements I did not print these outs so I do not know that gross earning prior to the different fees uber takes out.

What should I do? For what I have read Uber sends in a copy of the 1099 to the IRS, but will sometimes not send it to the actual person...

crimson.snwbnny

if thats the case then you wont know till after feb1st because according to the sight thats when the forms will be available.

Older Chauffeur

So I recently shut down my account prior to the end of the year.
I assumed I would still be able to log on and look at my tax documents, but I no longer have access to UBER driver or rider....

Uber states that there is no way for them to tell me how or if I will receive the 1099.
I was paid out like $543 total for the year 2016. Since I presumed I would be able to still view my past earning statements I did not print these outs so I do not know that gross earning prior to the different fees uber takes out.

What should I do? For what I have read Uber sends in a copy of the 1099 to the IRS, but will sometimes not send it to the actual person...
If your total deposits are only $543, Uber would technically not be required to issue a 1099. What might be cause for concern is that Uber includes their commission and other fees in what they consider their payout to you, raising your "earnings" to over $600. So you deduct everything over the actual deposits on Schedule C. Even without a 1099, you are still required to file if your net self employment profit is at least $400. Use the $543 figure on Schedule C and subtract your own business expenses. If you tracked your mileage you should be able to get your net under that threshold.
I don't see why they would forward a 1099 to the IRS without a matching one to you. As long as your address is on file with them you should get anything they file with the IRS.
Disclosure: I'm not a tax professional.

Last edited:

MusicJazz

A 1099 is required for anyone to whom you pay $600 or more during the year.
I was paid out the $543, but with all the other fees uber does it was over $600.

On their website it says that Uber sends a copy of the 1099 to the IRS.

The problem is that I no longer have access to my uber account because when I informed them I no longer wanted to drive they shut me out of the driver and rider system.

Older Chauffeur

I was paid out the $543, but with all the other fees uber does it was over $600.

On their website it says that Uber sends a copy of the 1099 to the IRS.

The problem is that I no longer have access to my uber account because when I informed them I no longer wanted to drive they shut me out of the driver and rider system.
Sounds like they will be sending you a 1099 in the mail. They file a copy electronically with the IRS from what I understand.
To play it safe, assuming you are otherwise required to file, I would suggest including Schedule C showing the Uber numbers if you get a 1099, and if not, your own earnings and expenses.
Again, I'm not a tax pro. :wink: