1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

1099 Due Date

Discussion in 'Taxes' started by Karen Stein, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Karen Stein

Karen Stein Well-Known Member

This year 1099's must be distributed by January 31. This is a change from the past, where more time was allowed.

2. UberAnt39

UberAnt39 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Thanks Uber driver outreach rep. Couldn't you just add it as yet another ignoreme section to the driver home screen.

thepanttherlady and Starbug like this.
  3. Older Chauffeur

Older Chauffeur Well-Known Member

I think it's been Jan 31 all along for 1099misc forms for non-employee compensation (box 7). It changes when that date falls on a weekend to the first business day in Feb., while some 1099 forms for other purposes have later due dates.

4. I_Like_Spam

I_Like_Spam Well-Known Member

That's true, Rush mentioned that today on his program, when he was shilling for the tax defense guys who sponsor his program.

5. UberIndyX

UberIndyX New Member

Last year they were required to get 1099's out by January 31st as well...

6. Older Chauffeur

Older Chauffeur Well-Known Member

Jan 31 fell on a weekend in 2015 and 2016, giving issuers of 1099misc to non-employees until Feb 2, 2015 and Feb 1, 2016.
    A day or two one way or the other doesn't make much of a difference, but I believe the change is actually that issuers are required to send the copies to the IRS by the same date they are required to mail them out to contractors. They get an extra couple of weeks if they are filing them electronically with the IRS.

UberTaxPro likes this.
  7. UberIndyX

UberIndyX New Member

Gotcha. I read the OP as if something had changed in the law, which, as far as I am aware, is not the case.

I got my 1099 before the 31st last year anyway.

8. Jufkii

Jufkii Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Little interest about the 1099 cut off date. Bigger interest how many 1099's Uber sends to the wrong person like last year. Always a nervous feeling opening that Uber Tax info email

UberTaxPro likes this.