• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

100k gross uberX in 2018

Delilah5

I know a guy who drives 15-16 hours a day 7 days a week because he is determined to make 2k a week. He basically livers in his car and killing himself.

Tiptop89

His numbers are really mind boggling but I have no idea how he does it.
I made 40000 in 5 months I started going hard because a tax preparer saw my uber sticker and said u guys make good money and I wasn't full time at the time so I said it's ok then she said well I did a mans taxes who made 100000 for the year and I was dumbfounded so I tried it out and yeah 40000k take home and 50000k in total for 5 months so it's definitely possible

Christinebitg

I made 40000 in 5 months I started going hard because a tax preparer saw my uber sticker and said u guys make good money and I wasn't full time at the time so I said it's ok then she said well I did a mans taxes who made 100000 for the year and I was dumbfounded so I tried it out and yeah 40000k take home and 50000k in total for 5 months so it's definitely possible
If you claim that happened at current rates, I'm throwing the BS flag.

Ubermcbc

I made 1300 this past week and that's me driving less than 80 hours so think what you want
Not going to happen continuously for the whole year. Plus it's not the car getting quick depreciation but you on self. At the end you will get more damage to your body that you will regret for the rest of your life. Plus more time on the road means you are increasing the probability of getting into an accident. Ask the old taxi drivers who used to work 16 hours per day. It used to be 2-3 accidents per year on average. Good luck.

songoku

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Lol. I tried Uber and Lyft out in Dallas area for 2 weeks, not worth it.

Ozzyoz

He has to be in New York. There is no way a regular person from a regular city can do this even with 24 rides a day with current slashes of rates and ubers half taking crap. No freaking way.

PaxiCab

I made 1300 this past week and that's me driving less than 80 hours so think what you want
Not going to happen continuously for the whole year. Plus it's not the car getting quick depreciation but you on self. At the end you will get more damage to your body that you will regret for the rest of your life. Plus more time on the road means you are increasing the probability of getting into an accident. Ask the old taxi drivers who used to work 16 hours per day. It used to be 2-3 accidents per year on average. Good luck.
Seriously... why put yourself through that? Jesus..

Dammit Mazzacane

I did 17 trips in less than 6 hours today. I drive in a college town though...a lot are minimum fares.

View attachment 299803
That's rotten unless that trip count has pool. I can pick up a similar amount of money for a similar amount of online time in about 11-12 trips with Seattle's rates. (and we don't have surge)
Post automatically merged:

Anybody who grossed $100k in 2018 working 80 hours plus will be lucky to make $75k in 2019 working the same number of hours. Additionally they’ll be on the verge of a physical and mental breakdown.
Depends on tier.

MadTownUberD

The Trendy Transporter
That's rotten unless that trip count has pool. I can pick up a similar amount of money for a similar amount of online time in about 11-12 trips with Seattle's rates. (and we don't have surge)
Post automatically merged:

Depends on tier.
We do not have pool here. It's basically a lot of minimum fares.

CaptainAmerica

You can do twenty five trips daily on X in Washington---if you drive ten to twelve hours daily.I have done thirty two in twelve hours. I do have an advantage over the average X driver, though, and even over most who post to these Boards.

As @Solid 5 correctly points out, those twenty five trips daily are based on working every day. If he has a regular eight hour job, that leaves him four hours to get home, sleep, scrub his behind, get to his regular job. THAT can not be done.

Even when I was younger, I could not work twelve hours every day of the year.

Something about this guy's story is not adding up................................
I’m pretty sure this was doctored. I had a pax showing me crazy figures from driving Lyft, I knew something was wrong; turned out, he just wanted me to join lyft so he can get the referral money.