1000 Referral Killed SF lol

John Doeeeeeeee

I have been driving for about 2 years. I thought it wouldn't be possible to still make $1000-$2000 a week, but now its getting harder and harder.

Advice for everyone would be save as much money as you can because there will always be Uber drivers that will drive for 15-20 an hour and that time might be coming soon.

I took time off and never seen so many Uber and Lyft cars. Can't hate though everyone's trying to make this money lol.

I still think it will be good for the Holidays they always have crazy bonuses.

Its harder especially now because noon-4pm is pretty much dead money now. You can still get on lucky runs but its no where near what it used to be.

Can't really complain though. Uber has given a lot of opportunity for people without jobs and/or skills lol.

Question to everyone. Where do you all commute from and what hours do you guys usually drive?

ResIpsaUber

Don't fret! All those new drivers that came with the big referral will soon be facing reality and go back to what they were doing. There is not an unlimited number of drivers out there. I think the driver base will ultimately start to shrivel up. Hopefully, income will start to rise soon.

soupergloo

I've noticed the opposite .. it's been harder to get rides during commute hours when it used to be crazy busy (especially the evenings) because of all of the drivers trying to hit the hourly guarantees.

I was consistently busy late morning early afternoon today because I think a lot of drivers take their breaks in the afternoon.

I live in SF, so I don't have to commute in and stick to day time hours .. usually commute hours, and never nights

Genini-Contractor

I've noticed the opposite .. it's been harder to get rides during commute hours when it used to be crazy busy (especially the evenings) because of all of the drivers trying to hit the hourly guarantees.

I was consistently busy late morning early afternoon today because I think a lot of drivers take their breaks in the afternoon.

I live in SF, so I don't have to commute in and stick to day time hours .. usually commute hours, and never nights
You're right. Drivers want that 7-9am guarantee and stop by 10am to catch up with sleep or find food and do other stuff before the evening/night shift. Many believe that night time is busier.

dreterk

Meanwhile its surging everywhere but San Francisco

Lost In Translation

Nice to know it isn't my imagination. 1 year driving for Uber and over 4,000 trips delivered.

My income is off by $500 a week since first of July. $1,200 weeks are now $750 weeks. With all the incentives. I used to be able to get $200 days easily. Now I am driving my ass off for $100-$125 a day or less. The only thing keeping me afloat is PDR. How is your experience since the beginning of July?

Sometimes waiting 30 minutes for a ping during the morning rush in spots known to always surge to 1.2x or higher. Hard to make the 2 trips per hour guarantee. I have actually resorted to giving myself a ride if the deadline is approaching and I am one ride short. No surge anymore anywhere in SF except for a few minutes after a Giants game or Civic Auditorium show. All the traditional spots that typically surge are no longer surging. Even the FiDi is dead at 5 PM. What is going on?

At first, I thought it was just the 4th of July holiday and everyone was out of town. But it never got any better. I used to get surge equal to 40% of my fares. Now nothing. Maybe $5-$10 a day.

I finally opened the passenger app and the number of drivers around any point on the map in SF looks like a swarm of bees. Tons of drivers means nobody is making anything over base rate, meaning $15 to $20 an hour BEFORE expenses. I was always $10 to $20 an hour more than that by driving the surge.

How long before all these new drivers figure out it isn't worth driving at the base rate and quit doing Uber? Can't come soon enough for me as I drive FT.

I am back to the airport. I'd rather wait there, practice my Spanish on DuoLingo and get a guaranteed $20 ride than drive around for 30 minutes in the former surge areas praying for a ping and getting an $6 ride. Lots of new cars in the SFO staging lot.

manuella

Nice to know it isn't my imagination. 1 year driving for Uber and over 4,000 trips delivered.

My income is off by $500 a week since first of July. $1,200 weeks are now $750 weeks. With all the incentives. I used to be able to get $200 days easily. Now I am driving my ass off for $100-$125 a day or less. The only thing keeping me afloat is PDR. How is your experience since the beginning of July?

Sometimes waiting 30 minutes for a ping during the morning rush in spots known to always surge to 1.2x or higher. Hard to make the 2 trips per hour guarantee. I have actually resorted to giving myself a ride if the deadline is approaching and I am one ride short. No surge anymore anywhere in SF except for a few minutes after a Giants game or Civic Auditorium show. All the traditional spots that typically surge are no longer surging. Even the FiDi is dead at 5 PM. What is going on?

At first, I thought it was just the 4th of July holiday and everyone was out of town. But it never got any better. I used to get surge equal to 40% of my fares. Now nothing. Maybe $5-$10 a day.

I finally opened the passenger app and the number of drivers around any point on the map in SF looks like a swarm of bees. Tons of drivers means nobody is making anything over base rate, meaning $15 to $20 an hour BEFORE expenses. I was always $10 to $20 an hour more than that by driving the surge.

How long before all these new drivers figure out it isn't worth driving at the base rate and quit doing Uber? Can't come soon enough for me as I drive FT.

I am back to the airport. I'd rather wait there, practice my Spanish on DuoLingo and get a guaranteed $20 ride than drive around for 30 minutes in the former surge areas praying for a ping and getting an $6 ride. Lots of new cars in the SFO staging lot.
Sucks but a lot people are defaulting to the lot now , sf is empty cause people are on vacation but us broke drivers don't take vacations lol

I think the business customers aren't coming in so much either.

My hourly before pdb is now below 15$ hour before taking out expenses but things look different on lyft ! lyft is much better cause it's still at 18$ to 20$ an hour but then no pdb or good guarantees

dutch369

I just love reading these responses, it appears many of you who are capable of joining the actual workforce choose to drive Uber for pennies, how about the drivers who are actually renting a car to drive for free, Unreal... if you haven't already figured out how to make this work you never will. The only thing positive about driving for Uber, it gives senior citizens, retirees a chance to earn a couple extra bucks,
Uber on blue hairs!!!!!