1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

$1000 Referral Bonus: A Thread for Application Process Updates

Discussion in 'Lyft' started by tyler86tn, Mar 2, 2015.

1. tyler86tn

tyler86tn

So, we all know about the $1000 promotion. Can we use this thread for drivers to update us on the status of their referrals in the application process? The biggest hold up I see is the background check.

I e-mailed Lyft support re: How long will background checks take and they replied, "In general we see background checks take up to a few days to pass, and I typically don't see any that take a week or more.”

I'm thinking this is either a huge scheme just to get people to sign up and drive (Lyft: oops, all background checks took over one week to complete past the March 5th deadline, limiting the number of drivers and new referrals earning the $1000 bonus) OR (Lyft: let's run these checks ASAP and get more people on the road).

Obviously I'm hoping for the latter. All of my referrals have completed the mentor ride and are just waiting their background checks. Where is everyone else in the process? Has anyone had a referral pass the check?

And PS PLEASE NO PROMO OR REFERRAL CODES!

UPNet Lyft Driver Sign-Up Bonus: Click HERE

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2015
  2. Mike Ehrmantraut

Mike Ehrmantraut

Driving:
    UberX
    Filled out application early Friday morning, completed mentor ride Friday afternoon. Just waiting on background check as well.

3. Eagle_Uber

Eagle_Uber

-I applied Friday at 8am pst

-Applications for 1k ended on Friday at 12pm pst.

-completed mentor ride on Saturday @ 5pm pst.

-waiting for approval

4. Filled out application Thursday evening, mentor ride on Saturday at Noon, and got the passed my mentor ride email. Now just waiting on background check ( I assume) which is taking awhile...and the deadline is fast approaching. Not a good promotion at all with the rushed and un-organization of it all.

Casuale Haberdasher and Txchick like this.
  5. mizzrock

mizzrock

Driving:
    Lyft
    I physically went with my referree to the sign up lot (on Friday) and she did her application and driver picture and everything. Now today (3/3) she can't sign into driver mode said there's an issue. She automatically passed the mentor ride because they were inspecting cars on the spot. Not sure if she'll be able to sign into driver mode by the 5th. Was worth a shot. Will update when news comes~

Casuale Haberdasher likes this.
  6. Mike Ehrmantraut

Mike Ehrmantraut

Driving:
    UberX
    So far there's word of two referrals who have been activated in this thread. Hoping mine clears today, or tomorrow at the latest.

7. AmberLamps

AmberLamps

Onr of my referalls signed up thursday morning immediately after i recieved the promo email. They took mentor ride before noon on friday and were aproved to drive by 5pm on monday.

Another referral completed aplication on Thursday by 5pm. They did mentor ride on Saturday and are still waiting for it to process....

Verdict, Im not sure if the 2nd one will be approved in time. We have 2 days still counting today so fingers crossed. But it doesnt seem like many are getting through.

8. Ubermanpt

Ubermanpt

So a few have made it and others are waiting. Seems like this was the same with uber with some getting approved right away and others having to wait weeks. Seems par for the course. Keep the updates coming

9. Mike Ehrmantraut

Mike Ehrmantraut

Driving:
    UberX
    Got an e-mail a few minutes ago:

Update about driver sign-on bonuses

Last week's invitation - apply to be a driver, give 1 ride by March 5, and make $1,000 - brought the biggest wave of applicants in Lyft history.

As we're processing the applications, it's important that we continue to fulfill our safety obligations. Some of these steps, including DMV and background checks, are outside our control and can vary in length for different applicants.

It is possible that you won't qualify for the promotion if all steps aren't completed by the March 5 deadline, along with the ride requirement. In the meantime, you can check the status of your application at lyft.com/drivers.

We'll be in touch again via email with another update on Friday. Thank you for your patience.

puber and arto71 like this.
  10. arto71

arto71

Driving:
    UberX
    Same email.I guess they are no any better then Uber.

Ziggy and Txchick like this.
  11. It's nearly impossible to get any form of reasonable time communications from Lyft. I've had a question in the public forum now for a couple months, still unanswered. Pretty basic and critical question too. Somebody in the system should have answered that one in a day or 2. Still waiting.

12. arto71

arto71

Driving:
    UberX
    We knew that they don't have the manpower to handle those many applications.but the email I got isBS.They could've at least do some extension for the people who applied before 12 noon.

13. Eagle_Uber

Eagle_Uber

E
    Exactly.

I'll take a cut as well 500$ but not give me anything **** you lyft and I won't drive until I get a sign on bonus.

14. Ubermanpt

Ubermanpt

Looks like they are prepping people for those not going to get the bonus since they aren't approved in time. I got no problems with lyft, just seems if it takes several days to a month to go thru the process, how can you run a promotion that ends after a week. Personally, I think they got blindsided with all the applicants and didn't expect the numbers they got and it caused a backlog. Seems the biggest complaint for lyft drivers is how far away the pings are so if they get more drivers, then hopefully that leads to more passengers and shorter ping destinat

15. I'm a mentor and the mentoring system has been overwhelmed too. I don't think there are enough existing mentors to expeditiously inspect and approve all of the new applicants. I would imagine there are many new drivers out there who spent hours trying to get matched with one.

Additionally, I received a message from Lyft on Monday saying "the background check system is back up" implying there wasn't any application processing happening until then! I share in everyone's frustration as this not only hurts Lyft's reputation in general, but it hurts the reputation of drivers who referred people they know, only to have to explain to everyone that the promotion is actually BS.

I noticed on another forum that there might be some litigation in the near future over this debacle if Lyft fails to remedy the situation fairly. One user listed the following firm in Southern California that is taking calls on the matter.
    Dunn and Associates 310 393-2769

16. Mike Ehrmantraut

Mike Ehrmantraut

Driving:
    UberX
    Hell, even I was thinking about a class action lawsuit or something. Would these guys be equipped to handle it, though? Looks like they mainly specialize in personal injuries & car accidents and the like.

Another semi-update:

Apparently one person over on the r/lyft subreddit called Sterling, the background check agency that Lyft uses, and found that their background check was barely submitted by Lyft today (they had applied on Friday).

http://www.reddit.com/r/Lyft/commen...ail_1_day_before_the_end_of_promotion/cp4901x

Last edited: Mar 4, 2015
  17. DaBaldBull

DaBaldBull

My buddy filled it out about an hour after I got the email (2:00) CST. He was just approved to drive 30 mins ago. So we will see in 1-2 pay cycles!

18. I just got off the phone with a representative at Dunn and Associates and can confirm they're gathering information to potentially file a class action lawsuit against Lyft for this promotion. If Lyft does not give an extension by the end of the day, I urge you to contact Dunn and Associates and ask about the case. I asked how they get paid and he said it would not cost anything to join the lawsuit; they would get paid on a contingency basis, meaning they only get paid if a settlement is reached with Lyft.

Spread the word.

puber likes this.
  19. Mike Ehrmantraut

Mike Ehrmantraut

Driving:
    UberX
    Hmm, I think I'm gonna wait until tomorrow to see if Lyft activates me or not, then give them a call. I honestly doubt they'll be giving any extensions. I take it this case isn't just for new applicants, but our referrals who are currently Lyft drivers should get involved too? They're also missing out on money

20. mizzrock

mizzrock

Driving:
    Lyft
    My referral just got approved to drive and will take her 1 ride. We'll see if they actually pay out

She put her banking info and hrs she wanna drive.

arto71 likes this.