$100 tip oh yea :)

SurgeorSuckit

Clifton to NYC on 1.9 surge.. guy owns a luxury car repair/rental place. First thing i notice is how he was deessed he had $. Asked to sit in the front seat, sure no prob. Asked to use my charger, go ahead. We chat about cars for a few minutes then he pulls out 100 and sticks it in my console "thats for you". Well alrighty then! Pays to be nice..thats a record for me, never had tip like that before..

SurgeorSuckit

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I almost forgot the best part, another driver showed up prior to me and wouldnt do the ride once he saw it was NYC.. it was west 19th st.. lol. Thanks for that lol

MaximusMurkimus

Cha-ching!

Unfortunately in my case it seems that the more well dressed you are, the cheaper the pax. One guy even didn't want me to take tolls.

No_Username

Clifton to NYC on 1.9 surge.. guy owns a luxury car repair/rental place. First thing i notice is how he was deessed he had $. Asked to sit in the front seat, sure no prob. Asked to use my charger, go ahead. We chat about cars for a few minutes then he pulls out 100 and sticks it in my console "thats for you". Well alrighty then! Pays to be nice..thats a record for me, never had tip like that before..
This has to be a joke because according to people on here, pax don't tip....EVER

cindimams

And I did a big "Woo-Hoo!" Over $10.00 lol, if I received a Bennie, I'd probably faint.

Good for you! Almost makes ya love this business eh?

I didn't have a good weekend at all. App kept dropping requests in a good shade of orange area, then the navigation kept bottoming out on a PAX (I wonder who didn't give me the 5 stars..hmmmm), and didn't make much this weekend. Oh well! Guess it was time to pay the uber Piper since last weekend was great.

SurgeorSuckit

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
And I did a big "Woo-Hoo!" Over $10.00 lol, if I received a Bennie, I'd probably faint.

Good for you! Almost makes ya love this business eh?

I didn't have a good weekend at all. App kept dropping requests in a good shade of orange area, then the navigation kept bottoming out on a PAX (I wonder who didn't give me the 5 stars..hmmmm), and didn't make much this weekend. Oh well! Guess it was time to pay the uber Piper since last weekend was great.
I did a very big "woohoo!" as soon as he left :smiles:

cindimams

I did a very big "woohoo!" as soon as he left :smiles:
A shameless one I hope. Out loud, with people around is how I do when I'm gifted (I say gifted because the PAX must think they're giving us a gift for our good services since uber discourages them) a shocking amount.

werty

Yeah, you pay 10.50 toll, but Ube reimburses you 20. Not bad without traffic.
Except it takes 40-120 minutes to get back into NJ on weekdays, 40-60 weekend mornings. And the toll is $12.50 during the time most go to NYC. So for that 1-2 hour return trip you get a whopping $7.50...minus gas...minus return tolls..."not bad", sure buddy. "Uber on!" like the rëtarded robots from support say.

NYC-bound trips should have a minimum $40 surcharge.

Slim Pete

Except it takes 40-120 minutes to get back into NJ on weekdays, 40-60 weekend mornings. And the toll is $12.50 during the time most go to NYC. So for that 1-2 hour return trip you get a whopping $7.50...minus gas...minus return tolls..."not bad", sure buddy. "Uber on!" like the rëtarded robots from support say.

NYC-bound trips should have a minimum $40 surcharge.
I reject each and every NYC trip during rush hour, irrespective of surge. I also reject every NY trip headed towards Long Island unless it's surging at least 1.9 and it's non rush hour. Irrespective of what support says, we aren't all stupid.

Also, the toll is 10.50 non peak hours.

During the past 2 days, I accepted one and rejected one NYC trip. Accepted Hoboken to midtown at 1.8 surge at 2:30 AM, zero traffic heading back.
Rejected one Hoboken to 59th Street trip at 1.5 surge yesterday Sunday at 4 :30 pm. Dreaded the traffic potential heading back.

How much time would it generally take heading back from 59th St in Manhattan to Hoboken at around 5:30 pm on a Sunday? Any guesses?

Jerseyswirl

This has to be a joke because according to people on here, pax don't tip....EVER
Been driving for 1 week and got 2 tips! One EWR ride pax going back home to CA gave $10 then the next day at the end of shift got $2 on a $5 ride. Was chatting with him and told I was headed home and forgot to go offline hence picked u cause I don't like to reject trips in this neighborhood where its hard to get Uber (didn't want to tell him its my 2nd day working lol).

Ewr reminds me....I got 2 rides one at 8.30 am and the next 5.30 pm and didn't get a ping for pick up. What could be the reason?
I didn't hang around though...

DerBundes

1-) I reject each and every NYC trip during rush hour, irrespective of surge.
2-) I also reject every NY trip headed towards Long Island unless it's surging at least 1.9 and it's non rush hour. Irrespective of what support says, we aren't all stupid.
3-) How much time would it generally take heading back from 59th St in Manhattan to Hoboken at around 5:30 pm on a Sunday? Any guesses?
1-) NYC only if surge is over 3.5x, for you X drivers,
2-) Long Island?!?! That's a cash hustle! The further you venture into Suffolk, the higher the rate. I know some cats that hustled about $1600 on Saturday night, working the G&R concert, heading that way (he has an SUV, so yes, it's true!).
3-) about 20 days just to find a 1.1x surge... I sincerely don't understand how you guys do it in both Hudson and Bergen counties.