1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Featured $10 Paxhole Education Service

Discussion in 'Stories' started by thatridesharegirl, Nov 29, 2017.

?
  1. Take the pax who made you wait more than 5 minutes

45 vote(s)
    32.1%
  2. Cancel to his face

50 vote(s)
    35.7%
  3. Drive by cancel

45 vote(s)
    32.1%
  1. thatridesharegirl

thatridesharegirl Active Member

Preface: a few days ago I had a scheduled pick up, arrived on time, waited 5 minutes then got a text from the pax "I'll be out in 3 minutes please start the clock". Uh, no. Start the clock? I waited 5 minutes, clock has been going for 5 minutes already. I'll take my $10, thanks.

But it really irked me. YOU asked to be picked up at a pre-selected time. I made sure I was on time for your important airport ride. Now YOU'RE not ready? NOT my problem.
    So I devised my new education service. I wait the 5 minutes I give the phone call I do everything by the book, but it can be more satisfying.
    ----------
    I'm rolling out of my seedy apartment complex at 3:20AM, coffee in hand, and I have my first Lyft scheduled ride ping. As soon as I saw his rating - my paxhole senses tingled (normally I only accept above 4.7). Nonetheless - I drive over. I'm five minutes early - but that gives me time to enjoy my coffee while it's still warm.

I notice immediately that I can see the passenger inside his house looking at my car through the giant sheet of glass on his McMansion. The clock switches over to charging the customer for wait time, and I wait 4 more minutes. As his last minute comes up I can see him make his way downstairs and out the front door - but he still has to walk to his mansion gate.

Cancel time is here and his 5 minutes is up - time for his "hello this is your lyft driver" call - I dial the number. He's coming through the gate and approaches my car - so I let my prius do what it does best - creep. He's coming towards the trunk to put his suitcase in and I let off the breaks slowly and he begins to follow my car, walking at first. I let off the brakes even more, his phone is ringing with my call, he starts jogging behind my car suitcase in tow. Full speed down the hill now - all I see in my rearview is his glowing cell phone bobbing up and down as he tries to chase my prius.

He answers my call: "YOU'RE DRIVING AWAY FROM ME!" I hang up. Cancel. $10 Fee.

I doubt he cares about the $10 judging by the cars parked in front of his mansion, but boy it must suck missing your ride to SFO at 3:40AM when you live out in the hills where no other lyft drivers are awake nearby to take your ping.

I know $31>$10 but the enjoyment I experienced all day was priceless. Not to mention the 50% PT ride to SFO I received immediately after from a lovely lady that was waiting on the curb, ready to go.

Pax who make drivers wait suck, but making a driver wait when YOU scheduled a pick up? No thanks.

2. SEAL Team 5

SEAL Team 5 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Livery
    I love it. I want to ride shotgun with you when you go out driving.

P.S. Your high school senior photo makes me think that you and I graduated around the same time.

Rakos likes this.
  3. thatridesharegirl

thatridesharegirl Active Member

2013?

john2g1, Sacto Burbs, Jtdub and 2 others like this.
  4. Eber88

Eber88 Active Member

Love it. Stick it to these pax! I just love peeling out as they approach my car. Think again, *******. Before this gig I used to be this naive, optimistic person. Always believed in the best in people but after 4K Uber rides you learn to not take everything at face value.

5. SEAL Team 5

SEAL Team 5 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Livery
    Ahh, never mind.

6. MoreTips

MoreTips Well-Known Member

I totally get it. This is what these rideshare companies have created by instilling in the riders belief that the drivers time has no value. Most of these kind of situations could be remedied by simply paying the drivers a significant waiting fee.

I've pulled close to the same thing on Lyfts scheduled rides that I accepted as normal pings that after announcing my arrival, I could see were basically minimum fare trips and then the pax would still have the nerve to wait until the no-show fee was in play, to come outside. Yes thatridesharegirlthatridesharegirl paxhole education service is great for the spirit.

7. UberUber81

UberUber81 Well-Known Member

You are my spirit animal. <3 :)

Cableguynoe, unPat and Rakos like this.
  8. CJfrom619

CJfrom619 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    $31 ride compared to a $10 cancellation fee?? Seems like the joke is on you.

tradedate, Poopy54, keb and 2 others like this.
  9. Jboaz686

Jboaz686 New Member

Sounds totally worth the lost $21-fuel/wear and tear

10. UberUber81

She probably got a nice ride shortly after that! The Joke is on the terrible passenger that doesn't respect a driver's time.

11. CJfrom619

Driving:
    UberX
    Maybe she should have used your strategy and wasted 10 minutes of her life deflating her tire just to have an excuse to get out of a ride with a dog that could potentially kill her in an accident lol. By the way following people around is a bad look..makes you look desperate and salty.

uberdriverfornow likes this.
  12. UberUber81

I'm sorry you have nothing better to do then post on these forums while you are waiting for your passenger to get done shopping at Walmart. You are a good ant, doing the Lord's work!

mrDEE630, Santa, UberXking and 8 others like this.
  13. CJfrom619

Driving:
    UberX
    Somebody's mad lol

Yooper, Rakos and emdeplam like this.
  14. CJfrom619

Driving:
    UberX
    Following me around from post to post lol sounds like a guy who has a lot of free time on his hands..enough free time to deflate his tires lol

Yooper likes this.
  15. DocT

DocT Moderator Moderator

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    She DID get a nice ride afterwards.

16. Ribak

Ribak Well-Known Member

Shameful!! I hope Karma pays you a visit.

17. Johnydoo

Johnydoo Well-Known Member

Such a shame, up at 3:00 am, driving to pax and waiting 5 minutes, only to take off when your passenger shows up knowing it is an airport run?

18. JTTwentySeven

JTTwentySeven Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    People need to realize, we are RIDE SHARING, not a Taxi. You get what you pay for. You want cheap, get cheap service. Your butt better be ready or we drive away. A taxi is PAID to wait. Next time, use a taxi.

19. steveK2016

steveK2016 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    $10 cancel fee is black/suv right? Isn't the wait time on those well worth the wait as well as the per mile?

The next ping for a black ans suv request may be another 30min + away. I mean, it might be different in SF but it doesnt seem.worth cancelling on a black suv request.

20. Zuber7

Zuber7 Well-Known Member

Maybe, but scheduled rides are a $10 fee