10 minute timeout

Father Fred

I saw that too Bart, guess we are all screwed.

Now it's really time to quit uber, if it doesn't change by today I'm done. That's crazy

nutzareus

I was logged out immediately twice this morning after two consecutive ACROs each time but bounced right back in.

Bart McCoy

Received an email. Tell pax to be on the spot!
I got an email took don't they say we could be deactivated if we keep it up ??

Exactly what did yall emails say? or post them If you can. Thanks in advance

And if its 10min, be happy, it could be worse. Looks like Uber is stepping up the cancellation delay around the country:

https://uberpeople.net/threads/4-minute-timeouts-are-now-30-minute-timeouts.61167/

https://uberpeople.net/threads/timeouts-are-now-60-minutes.54123/

However , Ive been kicked out plenty of times. Have yet to have to have to wait even one minute to log back in though

Bart McCoy

Started this morning Bart, I don't think you had a chance to experience it yet. Also it appears you must have to drive a significant amount per week to have had this e-mail sent out to you. If it hasn't come yet, its coming.
wow, 3 in an hour?????????????????????? I can get 3 in 3 minutes lol

But be careful, they said "still", so I guess you've been sent an email before? At some point, even with the lawsuits outstanding, they will deactivate you. me I'm going to keep canceling until I get an email. Only THEN will I slow up. Wow, I may be forced to take my first regular rate ride in over a year

Father Fred

I haven't taken a non-surge ride in 2016 and don't plan to now. I don't drive for $.75 cents a mile. Unless I decide to stay logged off until it surges, I'm done.

Surge Ibaka

I will still take my chances. Non surge and pool rides aren't worth it. I did the $30 hr guarantee this morning so I accepted every request. 9 rides came out to $48 dollars. 100% convinced the "I don't chase surge drivers" are allergic to money

DCUberXGrrrl

I got an email took don't they say we could be deactivated if we keep it up ??
That's what I got, too! So drivers now have to maintain a certain acceptance rate AND a "lower than average" cancellation rate? This is easy, Uber: give me the option to select settings to opt OUT of Pool and also that max distance I will drive for a pickup to destination unknown. They want to tighten controls on us though we are "independent contractors" with no health insurance benefits -- make those driver WORK dang it! Maybe next will be a minimum monthly quotient on how much you have to earn for big brother UBER's coffers.

DCUberXGrrrl

I also received the email today with "still cancelling more trips" even though I had not been warned earlier. Most likely this is just their standard template that they are sending out to everyone.
Same here -- I never been warned before either and they made it sound like this was a recurring "problem." I'm with nutzareous -- don't send me pings that are more than 7 minutes away!

DCUberXGrrrl

10 minutes seems to be the new standard for time outs
What is this "timeout" nonsense!? Notice how Uber is becoming ever more controlling and heavy handed in manipulating drivers to earn money for them. They are "The Capitol" and we are "The 12 Districts of Panem."

nutzareus

don't send me pings that are more than 7 minutes away!
I don't have a hard cutoff on passenger distance. For example, this morning's passenger was 12 minutes away but heading in the same southbound direction on I-270 where I was going to work. Even if he was 5 minutes behind me and I was pinged on I-270 I would still ACRO because I would have to drive to the next exit and loop around. Cheers, Fuber on! :wink: