1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

10 Minute Cancellation from UBER

Discussion in 'New Jersey' started by Steve4991, Sep 5, 2015.

1. Steve4991

Steve4991

I was in Morristown last night during a 2.1X surge. I have a few rules that I follow when I driver...

• Never leave a surge area for a straight time ride
    • Never pick up a PAX with a 4.5 or less for a straight time ride (During a surge I'll pick up the devil)
    • Never drive further than 15 minutes for a straight time ride.
    Last night at 10:30PM during a 2.1X surge in Morristown I didn't accept 3 straight time rides all of which covered one or more of the above noted rules....Next thing I know is that I got a ping from Uber that I had to sit out 10 minutes before my driver app could be activated due to 3 rejected calls. Certainly UBER can make whatever rules they want but I was just as surprised that no one had the courtesy to send an email to the "partner" community in advance about the new policy.

2. The only one I disagree with is “ Never leave a surge area for a straight time ride”

I rather take a guarantee than wait and HOPE to get a surge ride.

But the other two makes sense.

3. XUBERX

XUBERX

Driving:
    UberX
    Did you let the request time-out?
    I have canceled 5 in a row and didn't get a warning from uber, this must be new.

4. Steve4991

Steve4991

Yes I let the request time out.....I know a few drivers that have experienced the same.........but this was my first experience and I believe I have done the same in the past....

5. gmc

gmc

Driving:
    UberX
    Do not let the request time out
    Make sure you accept every single ping no matter where it's coming from even sometimes it happens to me depending on the time of day and location I'm at 25 30 minutes away accept every one and then after accepting just go to and cancel ( reason other) make sure you use this and you won't have any issues with uber it's completely legal and within the uberx rules you have the final desition of what to do but you must take all the pings.
    By doing this you are actually helping yourself by having a higher acceptance rate

Nagodesi likes this.
  6. Alex12

Alex12

Driving:
    UberX
    I got a warning from Uber about 6 months ago about canceling. I don t know if is good to accept everything and cancel after. I try to do both but in a safe way. Acceptance rate is fine to be 70-75. Is no issue. That was the only time I got a warning from Uber in more than a year driving. Never happens to me that I need to with 10 minutes after 3 reject calls. Or maybe is only for surge??? Who knows. While in JC I get tons of request from hoboken and is not worth it, specially at rush hour to get stuck on that town

7. glados

glados

You can be waitlisted and/or permanently deactivated for cancellation abuse.

Cancellation abuse, also known as "ACRO" and "skipping" is when a driver accepts a request that they do not intend to take, and then quickly cancels it. Uber rides are known for being reliable, affordable, and safe, and Uber will take appropriate action (including waitlisting and permanent deactivations) if there is evidence a driver is engaging in cancellation abuse.