Inshur

1 week to go and uber silent

dark destroyer

1 week to go before the start of ulez and c/c charging and uber have not said a word . are they going to help out or are we supposed to get down on all fours and accept the 25 quid a day .

-JR-

I reckon Uber has more than enough data on drivers, their habits, patterns etc.

Uber have already finessed many drivers to upgrade to CC exempt vehicles in anticipation.

Irrespective of whether these drivers can afford them or whether it's likely to pay off in the long run.

If it doesn't suit Uber to surge, it won't surge. It's that simple.

Uber will ensure their precious riders remain pampered at the expense of drivers.

Uber know exactly which of their partners are likely to respond to certain pressures.

The algorithm has learned which buttons to push and when.

The ants never stood a chance.

dark destroyer

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
they should increase c/c zone fares . its pretty obvious . if costs go up for their {partners} they should increase the rate in the c/c zone to compensate .I am sure most cab offices are setting new fares .

charlton paul

What is it you would like Uber to do?
That is a very good question, but, as it stands now, I have had a result if I go no where near the area. If in future, 5 hours in and I get a punter wanting to go to congestion charge area, especially with destination unreliability - what am I meant to do ? My maths tell me "sorry mate, ain't driving to congestion zone" - cheesed off punter and "partner", they have to do something

charlton paul

Appreciate your wise comments, but, they really are not the sort of punters I get round Richmond, Twickenham, Teddington

London-born-and-bred

That is a very good question
It is, isn't it? everyone wants someone to do something but no-one knows what it is they actually want them to do.

I think Uber are going to just sit back and see what happens, if they don't get enough revenue they will do something, if they still get good revenue they won't.

It's actually the riders that need to get vocal on this, they can attack on 2 fronts, demand Uber sort out more to come into the CC and remind county hall they are there at their behest and elections will be happening.

Of course this all presupposes drivers aren't just doing their usual flip flapping and talking bollocks and will actually not go into the CC if they have to pay.

Personally I think by about the First Saturday drivers going into the CC will be about normal because for all their lip flapping they will suck it up and pay it.

cough

What generally happens when the cost of providing goods and services goes up this cost is passed on to the customer.
I think it's been that way for thousands of years. The very idea that the added cost should be borne by the worker providing the service is ludicrous (even if they are classed as independent contractors) the end payer should always be the customer.

UberLuxbod

Sign up to Kapten before Friday and they say they will pay you £25 and a years CC.

Not sure what the requirements are but many UberExec drivers took the daily guarantee from Drivr whilst also working for Uber.

At the end of the day we are here to make money just like Operators, though all the Chauffeur Ops I sub for are adding CC on top just like Car Parking/Waiting Time/Tolls.
Post automatically merged:

I'll be refusing, but, will be a new one - in car, start trip - oops, cc, bye - ratings down the pan, heyho
I can see your point of view, but do you refuse Stansted Airport jobs and Luton Airport jobs for the same reason?

I won't be buying a PHEV to avoid the CC, mainly because the only ones are the S560e L, 7 Series PHEV and the Range Rover PHEV which all cost close to 6 figures (or a little over in case of the Range)

Discounts on S350d are huge at the moment, nearly 30k.

If I was doing UberX I don't think I would change my car (unless it was ULEZ non compliant) specifically to avoid the CC, I might bring forward the timescale for replacement. Or consider buying a PHEV or EV if replacement was due.

But residuals on EV and PHEV will improve due to demand and new car discounts will evaporate due to demand.

Then you need to consider how often you go into the CC zone with the increased vehicle cost.

Last edited:

Lookingaround

Sign up to Kapten before Friday and they say they will pay you £25 and a years CC.

Not sure what the requirements are but many UberExec drivers took the daily guarantee from Drivr whilst also working for Uber.

At the end of the day we are here to make money just like Operators, though all the Chauffeur Ops I sub for are adding CC on top just like Car Parking/Waiting Time/Tolls.

I can see your point of view, but do you refuse Stansted Airport jobs and Luton Airport jobs for the same reason?

I won't be buying a PHEV to avoid the CC, mainly because the only ones are the S560e L, 7 Series PHEV and the Range Rover PHEV which all cost close to 6 figures (or a little over in case of the Range)

Discounts on S350d are huge at the moment, nearly 30k.

If I was doing UberX I don't think I would change my car (unless it was ULEZ non compliant) specifically to avoid the CC, I might bring forward the timescale for replacement. Or consider buying a PHEV or EV if replacement was due.

But residuals on EV and PHEV will improve due to demand and new car discounts will evaporate due to demand.

Then you need to consider how often you go into the CC zone with the increased vehicle cost.

Kaptan will only pay if you do 2 jobs in CC zone for THEM. they're not even active yet

dark destroyer

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
its pathetic. when the English requirement was imminent they had a bird from an indian call centre calling me every second day offering advice on how to meet the requirement and on the biggest gamechanger in ph in years not a dickie bird .

Ubend R.S.

Uber will cry on the 8 April surge will be everywhere in zones 1-2 good for those who own electric cars
I wish. Truth is 90% of those that that make a living in Central London will still make their money in central London. The sensible ones will stay working longer to cover it. The rider will get the same coverage. Uber will supply the same coverage, and keep making a loss. The driver will earn the same but work longer. And the streets of London will be just as congested as before. Everyone's a winner. By everyone I mean tfl.

UberLuxbod

Kaptan will only pay if you do 2 jobs in CC zone for THEM. they're not even active yet
2 jobs in Kapten and free CC seems half decent, time to spend some of Daimler’s investment.

If Uber match that offer aswell....

I wish. Truth is 90% of those that that make a living in Central London will still make their money in central London. The sensible ones will stay working longer to cover it. The rider will get the same coverage. Uber will supply the same coverage, and keep making a loss. The driver will earn the same but work longer. And the streets of London will be just as congested as before. Everyone's a winner. By everyone I mean tfl.
Just like increased fuel costs.

Rates always stay the same and driver foots the bill.

I am glad my client base will swallow the CC.

D Driver

The uber man on the phone said they have plans but he doesn’t know what they are. I think they will wait and see if the drop in drivers will make it surge. If it surges then that should be good enough for the slaves.