1 ride in over 2 hrs!

ajcadoo

Too much supply. Simply look at the PAX app while you're out. I can guarantee there were 8 cars within a 1000 feet radius of you. You won't get pings with so much supply.

ivanandco

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I see other drivers with riders, so there is SOME supply, I'm just wondering if the algorithm has me set up as a "day" person - is that a thing??

ajcadoo

The ping prioritization theory hasn't seen much activity in the last 2 weeks. I've been monitoring these boards, and driving too and haven't noticed anything fishy. But the supply out there is EXTREME. There is probably a supply ratio of 3:1 during weekend, Summer incentives. Just the fact that there is no surge anywhere in LA county is proof enough that there are too few passengers for the drivers on the road.

twobucca2

1 ride in over 2 hrs!!!??? I had a greatday yesterday but decided to work the night shift tonight (Saturday) but got just one ride. Has anyone ever had this happen? I'm being stonewalled by both Uber and Lyft. Is anyone else having a slow night?
What incentive are you on? How long have you been driving for foobar?

Adieu

1 ride in over 2 hrs!!!??? I had a greatday yesterday but decided to work the night shift tonight (Saturday) but got just one ride. Has anyone ever had this happen? I'm being stonewalled by both Uber and Lyft. Is anyone else having a slow night?
Oh YEAH

3 in 4 Lyft guarantees + 1 shortie nasty proles + 1 Lyft Premier shortie w/ good proles

....this is ALL day.

Oh, *and* this earned me two 1*'s from ppl who ~~~really~~~ liked the car and couldn't sthu about it

Gdam people, man

Adieu

Oh
Yep.. Uber has a geo fence around you.. They aren't sending you any rides until you go on line and take the Uber night driver test .. Sorry man.. Good luck!
I get the feeling that Lyft part timers are either trying for PDB to fill out their 4th July haul, OR messed it up and can't reach the 90% acceptance required to GET those bonuses to pay out....so now all them ants are out

hy1368

I worked this morning from 11 to 3 made nice 120 dollars.Decided to drive few hours in evening to make extra 40-50 bucks.Drove additional 2 more houts from 7 to 9 pm and made another 50 dollars.Stay away from hollywood ,If you dropped someone there just drive few miles and head to wilshire or olympic.

ivanandco

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yep.. Uber has a geo fence around you.. They aren't sending you any rides until you go on line and take the Uber night driver test .. Sorry man.. Good luck!
So there are no algorithms that set drivers apart from each other?

Reactions: Noy

luvgurl22

Same here.We have hourly guarantees smh S.F,CA

Adieu

....on the 'bright' side, my first puker.

In 1100 rides. OR 1in3, when it comes to LyftPremier

Would a been the biggest fare I never got, too, Pasadena-SantaMonica under Premier & Surged up.

Likely emphasis on NEVER, since it was in the tail end of a LyftOC guarantee hour (or not? Who knows when it concerns LyftPremier, and accepted in LA at that!)

Oh well, kicked him to the kerb somewhere in the boonies off 110 & hoping for the barf charge

Luckily, landed on plastic & leather, and I had wet wiles and paper towels. No fabric or carpet impacted!!! Thank bimmer for using cheapo hard plastic door panels.....