• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

1 in 3 Drivers In The U.S. Take Medications That Can Cause Depression

FormerTaxiDriver♧

I believe this article can shed light on driver suicides.

If you take Prilosec or Zantac for acid reflux, a beta blocker for high blood pressure, or anax for anxiety, you may be increasing your risk of depression.

More than 200 common medications sold in the U.S. include depression as a potential side effect. Sometimes, the risk stems from taking several drugs at the same time. Now, a new study finds people who take these medicines are, in fact, more likely to be depressed.

The list includes a wide range of commonly taken medications. Among them are certain types of proton pump inhibitors (PPIs) (used to treat acid reflux), beta blockers, anxiety drugs, painkillers including ibuprofen, ACE inhibitors (used to treat high blood pressure), and anti-convulsant drugs.

More than a third of the people who took the survey were taking medications known to have depression or suicidal thoughts as potential side effects. Olfson and his collaborators wanted to determine whether those participants were more or less likely to be depressed, compared to participants who didn't take any of these medications.

Read the rest here.

Go get your " head examined" by a large chested female shampooist while getting your hair cut.

Good scalp massage under warm flowing water . . .
Went to the dentist the other day. He was gunna do about two hours of work and asked me if I wanted Nitrous Oxide. Said it cost $20 extra. I told him I'd give him $40 and to make it a double.
So, he had the cutest 'assistant'. Big hooters, low cut 'uniform'. I swear, it was like something out of a "Dear Playboy" letter.
I had some real nice dreams.
It's a good thing he had his hands in my mouth ... I'd of been talking to the pretty assistant, and wouldda gotten away with it too because, after all, I was under the influence.

Lolinator

I believe this article can shed light on driver suicides.

If you take Prilosec or Zantac for acid reflux, a beta blocker for high blood pressure, or anax for anxiety, you may be increasing your risk of depression.

More than 200 common medications sold in the U.S. include depression as a potential side effect. Sometimes, the risk stems from taking several drugs at the same time. Now, a new study finds people who take these medicines are, in fact, more likely to be depressed.

The list includes a wide range of commonly taken medications. Among them are certain types of proton pump inhibitors (PPIs) (used to treat acid reflux), beta blockers, anxiety drugs, painkillers including ibuprofen, ACE inhibitors (used to treat high blood pressure), and anti-convulsant drugs.

More than a third of the people who took the survey were taking medications known to have depression or suicidal thoughts as potential side effects. Olfson and his collaborators wanted to determine whether those participants were more or less likely to be depressed, compared to participants who didn't take any of these medications.

Read the rest here.
Smelly pax and no tip$ causing depressing