1 hour no ping - what happened to Saturdays

Jonny2017

In clovelly, drive to coogee, now parked up in Rad wick.

This is a sign of things to come...

Exit strategy required!

How are you going this afternoon???

Addison

Incredibly busy morning, started at 6:30 taking a couple of guys to Randwick and it got even busier... the north shore and inner city was all red... multiple passengers told me they had trouble finding an Uber this morning.

soontobeautomated

It's part of FUbers grand plan. You have done nothing wrong. They want you to work until after midnight - like me, no doubt you will be busy later on the night. For now, the pings will go to those about to finish as it's still busy.

They manipulate drivers to work longer and accept pings they otherwise might reject. Pricks.

Jonny2017

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
It's part of FUbers grand plan. You have done nothing wrong. They want you to work until after midnight - like me, no doubt you will be busy later on the night. For now, the pings will go to those about to finish as it's still busy.

They manipulate drivers to work longer and accept pings they otherwise might reject. Pricks.
True. I think I’ll finish at 7.30, have a beer and go home...

Good luck out there. Drive safe.

The Reaper

Well my Sat was mental. 3x shifts 5.30am to 10am, 12 to 2pm and 5 to 7pm. plenty of back to back, the odd surge and one tip. :coolio:

Jonny2017

I had a bad day. I guess you get them.

Wrong place, wrong time, stuck in traffic, getting pulled 2kms to do a 2km trip - always out of surge and had to drop someone’s phone back to them.

Be safe out there, I’m heading to sleep for an early night.

WestSydGuy

I had a bad day. I guess you get them.

Wrong place, wrong time, stuck in traffic, getting pulled 2kms to do a 2km trip - always out of surge and had to drop someone’s phone back to them.

Be safe out there, I’m heading to sleep for an early night.
When you say had to drop a phone back, why did you have to? Surely they were happy to pay for your time? Or would they prefer to pickup from the Uber office when it’s next open, when you have time to drop it off? Or perhaps your local Katoomba police station is the best place to drop off lost property?

Jonny2017

When you say had to drop a phone back, why did you have to? Surely they were happy to pay for your time? Or would they prefer to pickup from the Uber office when it’s next open, when you have time to drop it off? Or perhaps your local Katoomba police station is the best place to drop off lost property?
Sometines you just gotta do the right thing.

It was the right thing to do, so I did it....

That’s just me though. I’m sure many wouldn’t have done it, and that fine....

President

Last edited:

WestSydGuy

Sometines you just gotta do the right thing.

It was the right thing to do, so I did it....

That’s just me though. I’m sure many wouldn’t have done it, and that fine....
Next time try to drop off the phone at a later time, after surge has finished and you’re in the area. Respect your own time, even if forgetful riders don’t seem to.

direz4prez

@Jonny2017 Uber doesn't dish out pings to drivers randomly. There is a complex algorithm which dictates the pairing of riders and drivers, I believe the priority factor is wealth distribution, ensuring most (if not all) drivers earn roughly the same amount per hour, on average (provided they are logging hours in the core zones).

As an example, because I'm a part time driver and only drive during the best times, my rate often exceeds $40p/h. Last week (Sunday 7th April) I turned on my uber app and in the space of two hours I earned $30. They had to prioritise other drivers over me to reduce my hourly average. It is at times like this you need to have a second app, like Ola. That way you can keep yourself busy on the road.