Uber Drivers Forum banner

1.6 surge cap AGAIN, YOU ARE SO SPECIAL!!!

3K views 29 replies 13 participants last post by  New Uber 
#1 ·
WTF!!!!!!!!!!

What is your (F) ucking problem UBER?!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who decides to cap the surge?
Why do you (F) uck with Orlando drivers so much?
Surged several times last night and not once did it pas 1.6 ( in Orlando)_

#5 ·
I wrote them. After a few auto Response, reply messages that had nothing to do with the original question, as usual (which was very simple, why is uber capping surge rates in Orlando), this was there response...

"Thanks for getting back. We really appreciate you reaching out. It's important to know that Uber is only successful if you are successful, so any changes we make to pricing has your business in mind. We want to assure you that we closely and regularly monitor the impact of our rates on your earnings. Our goal is to make you busier and make your time online more valuable so that you can make more in the long run.

Your feedback is very valuable to us as we seek ways to improve your experience. We appreciate this opportunity to hear how you feel and are sharing this feedback with Uber's leadership team."

really, then why cap morons!

#29 ·
"Thanks for getting back. We really appreciate you reaching out. It's important to know that Uber is only successful if you are suffering, so any changes we make to pricing has your destruction in mind. We want to assure you that we closely and regularly monitor the impact of our rates on your downfall. Our goal is to make you poorer and make your time online more agonizing so that you can dig your own grave.

Your feedback is very valuable to us as we seek ways to aggravate your experience. We appreciate this opportunity to invalidate how you feel and are sharing this feedback with Uber's leadership team."
Fixed it.

#8 ·
It's very unethical for Uber to...
just about anything works to complete this sentence.

Back in Jan or Feb I wound up in palm beach arpund midnight, i live in st lucie. The airport, pbi started to surge so I got i the queue. It was 2.5, i got a ping but It showed flat rate. I had screenshot the app and rider app... I took it, he was going to palm city so regardless ot was good for me.

Sure enough it paid straight rate. I sent in a ticket, with the screenshots. They paid me, money was thete before I got home 15 minutes later . I'd like to beleive it was a glitch but as you said...

#9 ·
There's no way that it's really as messed up as uber tells us it is.

Either it's working way worse than when uber launched years ago,

Or uber is systematically denying drivers surge rates...

Something stinks, besides my taxi.

Reactions: 2Cents
#11 ·
I was paid x rates from thee dollhouse to Omni resorts for a select ping. Had to fight with CSR and they asked me for screenshot. I didn’t had one but the same passenger had cancelled from the same address to the same location.

These rideshare are getting more shadier than the taxi companies, so watch out .

#12 ·
I was paid x rates from thee dollhouse to Omni resorts for a select ping. Had to fight with CSR and they asked me for screenshot. I didn't had one but the same passenger had cancelled from the same address to the same location.

These rideshare are getting more shadier than the taxi companies, so watch out .
The customer canceled and repinged on X?

Your not going to get pai that.

And Pat for the record...

Uber is a LOT shadier than the cab companies, at least here in Orlando.

Reactions: 2Cents and unPat
#14 ·
I saw it on my rider app and a few of the 1,700 Orlando drivers in the Facebook group happened to be there and were #8 after dropping off, the rider app showed surge and of course they were pissed that they got requests without surge. It's very unethical for Uber to show surge at MCO and not charge/pay it. It is clear that it will never show on the riders side, be charged or pay out a surge from MCO to a driver, Uber has it geofenced and turned off within MCO's property. I believe it's the only US airport that will never surge.
today i asked them why the surge wasn't applied and they replied that they didnt had surge at the airport at all, which is a lie because the entire airport had surge. im noticing the pattern that if the queues at MCO drop to around 7 or 8, then it shows surge. anything above that the "surge" disappears

#15 ·
I saw it on my rider app and a few of the 1,700 Orlando drivers in the Facebook group happened to be there and were #8 after dropping off, the rider app showed surge and of course they were pissed that they got requests without surge. It's very unethical for Uber to show surge at MCO and not charge/pay it. It is clear that it will never show on the riders side, be charged or pay out a surge from MCO to a driver, Uber has it geofenced and turned off within MCO's property. I believe it's the only US airport that will never surge.
Tallahassee airport never surges. I hear there are a few others, too.

#16 ·
today i asked them why the surge wasn't applied and they replied that they didnt had surge at the airport at all, which is a lie because the entire airport had surge. im noticing the pattern that if the queues at MCO drop to around 7 or 8, then it shows surge. anything above that the "surge" disappears
It only surges at the retention pond behind B.. so if you have a ride request there, you might get a 1.2 surge ;-)

#17 ·
so then its deceptive because it showed the whole airport orange covered in 1.6x surge (and besides, even if you're in the queue, if you drive to the pond behind B it seems to put you out of the queue and only puts you back in once you're in the designated geofenced area)

#19 ·
Of course it's deceptive. What about fübr do you think isn't??
They just showed up at the airport one day picking up passengers not even bothering to tell any one they were picking up there...
"Well we're not a transportation company there fore all of those fees that all other companies pay do not apply to us..."
Right.
Look the only reason why they operate in Orlando at the lowest rates in the country is so that a tourist comes here who has never taken fübr gets a super cheap fare then when they go back to Buffalo , or St. Paul or where ever they're from; they pay the normal rate. Add that to the fact that they're trying to force all of the transportation companies out of business by "losing money" on rides.
But who actually "loses money" on rides ?
Well you, my fübr X friend do at .41 per mile BEFORE expenses, you are not making any money. Unless your vehicle is a 7K car that's paid off, you might generate a profit doing fübr Eats as that pays more than driving an actual passenger to the airport at 4 in the morning.
Oh and if you're car gets 50 MPG and you have super cheap, basic insurance (which I do not recommend) then your expenses are in line with the .41 per mile that fübr pays.
What do you think the average cost to drive a vehicle costs per mile in the United States is??
Go ahead search for it. Here in Florida it is slightly lower only because we don't have snow.
Other then that you're losing money on a majority of the X fare runs. You only get paid from the time you have a passenger in your car and drop off. You don't get paid driving to, or returning. 89% of the major roads in town are toll roads so you're paying for those one way or another.
If more and more drivers can see they are actually losing money in exchange to make a company Billions dollars, they may rethink it.

So to answer your question, it is beyond deceptive.
It shows up in order to get drivers to flee to an area then have them wait there, minus a surge.

#fübrn

#21 ·
i take it you dont drive anymore? :p
assuming you drive for uber,

That would make you one of a small minority that does here, (the orlando sub forum)

The uber rates are 39% of what they used to be, of what they were when i actually drove uber to make a living.

The orlando drivers are the whipping boys of the uber drivers...

The typical life cycle of a driver puts them at quitting within in 6 months.

This is about the time it takes for something major to go wrong with their car and they need to fix it.

As for you, I'm hoping the following are true.

1. That you didn't quit a job to come drive uber
2. That you aren't doing this full time
3. That you don't depend on this #*$& gig to support yourself and a family (based on your profile pic)
4. That you weren't stupid enough to get in on a lease through uber
5. That you have the pink slip on your car and it isn't financed

If so enjoy poking around and making absolutely $*%* for your time, and driving your car into the ground, with every revolution of the engine making it 1c closer to being a worthless pile of trash.

If not... Get out now... while you still can... there's tons of min wage employers in florida that will pay much better than uber does in the long run...

Also i'm not saying driving a taxi is the right answer, it's not for everyone, I'm not stupid. What i'm saying is uber is the wrong awnser VS staying at home and watching netflix.. Because if your car isn't moving your not driving it into the ground for next to nothing...

Reactions: Janr and 2Cents
#23 ·
jejeje well youre right on 4 out of 5 of those....will let you figure out which one :p
Seriously tell me which one i got wrong...

I'd feel a lot better, trying to support yourself is 6 months to financial ruin..

#25 ·
Nah this is fun :)
Well lets see...

1. That you didn't quit a job to come drive uber
(1 is out, since 4/5 are true, you wouldn't have quit a job to do uber if you weren't doing it full time)
2. That you aren't doing this full time
(This one can be true)
3. That you don't depend on this #*$& gig to support yourself and a family (based on your profile pic)
(This one can't be true if 4/5 are true, because you would be doing it full time)
4. That you weren't stupid enough to get in on a lease through uber
(since 4/5 are true, this one can't be true because 5 can't be true as well)
5. That you have the pink slip on your car and it isn't financed

So you are either doing this full time or you have a traditional car loan or lease?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.