1.6 surge cap AGAIN, YOU ARE SO SPECIAL!!!

Uberdriver_Orlando

WTF!!!!!!!!!!

What is your (F) ucking problem UBER?!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who decides to cap the surge?
Why do you (F) uck with Orlando drivers so much?
Surged several times last night and not once did it pas 1.6 ( in Orlando)_

Elmo Burrito

Surge has become almost a complete sham in the last year and half. It's practically only used for attracting ants anymore!

Uberdriver_Orlando

I wrote them. After a few auto Response, reply messages that had nothing to do with the original question, as usual (which was very simple, why is uber capping surge rates in Orlando), this was there response...

"Thanks for getting back. We really appreciate you reaching out. It’s important to know that Uber is only successful if you are successful, so any changes we make to pricing has your business in mind. We want to assure you that we closely and regularly monitor the impact of our rates on your earnings. Our goal is to make you busier and make your time online more valuable so that you can make more in the long run.

Your feedback is very valuable to us as we seek ways to improve your experience. We appreciate this opportunity to hear how you feel and are sharing this feedback with Uber’s leadership team."

really, then why cap morons!

Shine'ola

How do you know?
I saw it on my rider app and a few of the 1,700 Orlando drivers in the Facebook group happened to be there and were #8 after dropping off, the rider app showed surge and of course they were pissed that they got requests without surge. It's very unethical for Uber to show surge at MCO and not charge/pay it. It is clear that it will never show on the riders side, be charged or pay out a surge from MCO to a driver, Uber has it geofenced and turned off within MCO's property. I believe it's the only US airport that will never surge.

OrlUberOffDriver

You all are not out at the right times. I won’t tell what day of week this was but you can see the times. Got me a couple of good surges and this was within this week.

Attachments

• 939E67B1-C803-4C46-BEE1-368C184945E7.jpeg
    939E67B1-C803-4C46-BEE1-368C184945E7.jpeg
    37.3 KB · Views: 89
  • E661B71F-B3F9-4B07-B719-768926ED594D.jpeg
    E661B71F-B3F9-4B07-B719-768926ED594D.jpeg
    44.1 KB · Views: 91
  • 153E5669-0684-47F8-8C3B-FAAF5A0FBB82.jpeg
    153E5669-0684-47F8-8C3B-FAAF5A0FBB82.jpeg
    37.4 KB · Views: 81

Rsabcd

It's very unethical for Uber to...
just about anything works to complete this sentence.

Back in Jan or Feb I wound up in palm beach arpund midnight, i live in st lucie. The airport, pbi started to surge so I got i the queue. It was 2.5, i got a ping but It showed flat rate. I had screenshot the app and rider app... I took it, he was going to palm city so regardless ot was good for me.

Sure enough it paid straight rate. I sent in a ticket, with the screenshots. They paid me, money was thete before I got home 15 minutes later . I'd like to beleive it was a glitch but as you said...

Reactions: keb

Mars Troll Number 4

just about anything works to complete this sentence.

Back in Jan or Feb I wound up in palm beach arpund midnight, i live in st lucie. The airport, pbi started to surge so I got i the queue. It was 2.5, i got a ping but It showed flat rate. I had screenshot the app and rider app... I took it, he was going to palm city so regardless ot was good for me.

Sure enough it paid straight rate. I sent in a ticket, with the screenshots. They paid me, money was thete before I got home 15 minutes later . I'd like to beleive it was a glitch but as you said...

There's no way that it's really as messed up as uber tells us it is.

Either it's working way worse than when uber launched years ago,

Or uber is systematically denying drivers surge rates...

Something stinks, besides my taxi.

Rsabcd

There's no way that it's really as messed up as uber tells us it is.

Either it's working way worse than when uber launched years ago,

Or uber is systematically denying drivers surge rates...

Something stinks, besides my taxi.

Like I said, I'd like to believe it was a glitch but after 2 plus years it's hard to believe anything is a mistake.

They did pay me, no argument, quickly and after my first email. I have to fight harder for a 4 dollar cancel fee. This was 80 or 90 bucks

unPat

I was paid x rates from thee dollhouse to Omni resorts for a select ping. Had to fight with CSR and they asked me for screenshot. I didn’t had one but the same passenger had cancelled from the same address to the same location.

These rideshare are getting more shadier than the taxi companies, so watch out .

Mars Troll Number 4

I was paid x rates from thee dollhouse to Omni resorts for a select ping. Had to fight with CSR and they asked me for screenshot. I didn’t had one but the same passenger had cancelled from the same address to the same location.

These rideshare are getting more shadier than the taxi companies, so watch out .

The customer canceled and repinged on X?

Your not going to get pai that.

And Pat for the record...

Uber is a LOT shadier than the cab companies, at least here in Orlando.

unPat

The customer canceled and repinged on X?

Your not going to get pai that.

And Pat for the record...

Uber is a LOT shadier than the cab companies, at least here in Orlando.

It was a select ping the second time. But they corrected the fare. I will tell you about taxi on another thread someday. I am not pointing the finger at mears but there are bad ones in every business.

ElCampe

I saw it on my rider app and a few of the 1,700 Orlando drivers in the Facebook group happened to be there and were #8 after dropping off, the rider app showed surge and of course they were pissed that they got requests without surge. It's very unethical for Uber to show surge at MCO and not charge/pay it. It is clear that it will never show on the riders side, be charged or pay out a surge from MCO to a driver, Uber has it geofenced and turned off within MCO's property. I believe it's the only US airport that will never surge.
today i asked them why the surge wasn't applied and they replied that they didnt had surge at the airport at all, which is a lie because the entire airport had surge. im noticing the pattern that if the queues at MCO drop to around 7 or 8, then it shows surge. anything above that the "surge" disappears

Rat

Tallahassee airport never surges. I hear there are a few others, too.

2Cents

today i asked them why the surge wasn't applied and they replied that they didnt had surge at the airport at all, which is a lie because the entire airport had surge. im noticing the pattern that if the queues at MCO drop to around 7 or 8, then it shows surge. anything above that the "surge" disappears
It only surges at the retention pond behind B.. so if you have a ride request there, you might get a 1.2 surge ;-)

ElCampe

It only surges at the retention pond behind B.. so if you have a ride request there, you might get a 1.2 surge ;-)
so then its deceptive because it showed the whole airport orange covered in 1.6x surge (and besides, even if you're in the queue, if you drive to the pond behind B it seems to put you out of the queue and only puts you back in once you're in the designated geofenced area)

2Cents

Of course it's deceptive. What about fübr do you think isn't??
They just showed up at the airport one day picking up passengers not even bothering to tell any one they were picking up there...
"Well we're not a transportation company there fore all of those fees that all other companies pay do not apply to us..."
Right.
Look the only reason why they operate in Orlando at the lowest rates in the country is so that a tourist comes here who has never taken fübr gets a super cheap fare then when they go back to Buffalo , or St. Paul or where ever they're from; they pay the normal rate. Add that to the fact that they're trying to force all of the transportation companies out of business by "losing money" on rides.
But who actually "loses money" on rides ?
Well you, my fübr X friend do at .41 per mile BEFORE expenses, you are not making any money. Unless your vehicle is a 7K car that's paid off, you might generate a profit doing fübr Eats as that pays more than driving an actual passenger to the airport at 4 in the morning.
Oh and if you're car gets 50 MPG and you have super cheap, basic insurance (which I do not recommend) then your expenses are in line with the .41 per mile that fübr pays.
What do you think the average cost to drive a vehicle costs per mile in the United States is??
Go ahead search for it. Here in Florida it is slightly lower only because we don't have snow.
Other then that you're losing money on a majority of the X fare runs. You only get paid from the time you have a passenger in your car and drop off. You don't get paid driving to, or returning. 89% of the major roads in town are toll roads so you're paying for those one way or another.
If more and more drivers can see they are actually losing money in exchange to make a company Billions dollars, they may rethink it.

So to answer your question, it is beyond deceptive.
It shows up in order to get drivers to flee to an area then have them wait there, minus a surge.

#fübrn