• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

$1,536.13 plus the $1 “safe driver” fee.

CommanderXL

I wonder what it showed on the driver's app? He couldn't have still been on the same trip for six days and still do other trips, and it wouldn't have showed up in his earnings either until she was charged. That's funny though!

Best part of the story: "It wasn’t until after ARLnow contacted Uber that the customer was able to get a refund, but intervention by the media should not have been necessary."

Lol

Emp9

maybe driver is part timer and didnt end the trip and it was on trip all week as he didnt work

bryanch

maybe driver is part timer and didn't end the trip and it was on trip all week as he didnt work
Doesn't Uber automatically end trips after 4 hours now? I've also heard 12 hours, but either way, I don't think that is what could have happened.

CommanderXL

Doesn't Uber automatically end trips after 4 hours now? I've also heard 12 hours, but either way, I don't think that is what could have happened.
I can confirm that, Yes, trips will automatically end after 4 hours to prevent driver fraud. (It seems some drivers created fake accounts with stolen credit cards and drove around for hours, or so I was told.) So it shouldn't have happened but it looks like it did, lol. There's a metaphor for life.