1.4 and 1.5 didn't do it

pizza guy

I agree. I primarily drive suburbs so boost is pretty useless for me. But normally if I end up downtown I need surge to be at at least 1.5x to keep me down there. Operating costs in the city a just to high to make it worthwhile otherwise.

Chicago88

Uber has to find a way to get $25 per hour take home to get me interested. I won't start my car, my gas, my insurance, my wear and tear, etc. for anything less than that. It's crazy how low the per hour take home is even at 1.6+ traffic and wait times to pick up passengers is a killer for the hourly earnings. I know so people will say - "you don't know what you're doing, I earn $30+ per hour" - great, good for them. I'm not trying to figure out how to be the best and smartest Uber driver. It's a part time gig for extra income, if I knew rocket science plotting and planning was involved to make a decent wage I probably would have went to rocket scientist school and made a ton of money doing that.

Chicago-uber

Uber has to find a way to get $25 per hour take home to get me interested. I won't start my car, my gas, my insurance, my wear and tear, etc. for anything less than that. It's crazy how low the per hour take home is even at 1.6+ traffic and wait times to pick up passengers is a killer for the hourly earnings. I know so people will say - "you don't know what you're doing, I earn $30+ per hour" - great, good for them. I'm not trying to figure out how to be the best and smartest Uber driver. It's a part time gig for extra income, if I knew rocket science plotting and planning was involved to make a decent wage I probably would have went to rocket scientist school and made a ton of money doing that.
Yes sir, $20-25 per hour net should be the minimum. I think it's a fair amount for using your vehicle to transport people.

80sDude

I don't mind the Boost.. Just keep the fares pretty close to just the surge zone and your're fine.. I turned one down to Oralnd Park last night.. 1.4 is not going to cut it.. Guy understood and got out no problem..

80sDude

You must be young and dumb Peter.. That is not worth my time from WHERE I LIVE.. That's 40 miles back ( Wasting more time trying to get a ride back to the city ) or just plain suck it up and drive home for free... That's 80 miles roundtrip.. that payout maybe I say maybe is 60.. What's that .80 a mile ? You can have it Pete..

Szuras

dude , peter is new , maybe young but i dident think he is a dumb ... maybe watch to mirror if you wanna see dumb :p
80 miles maybe i think probably 70 for $60 minus like $10 for gas but you can make it whitin 1.5 hour thats mean like $30-$35 per hour , on way back you can stop at midway and take another 12-20$ to city

pizza guy

Leave him be. 80's dude is one of those surge only guys who knows how to do downtown and end up with ridiculous numbers. I don't always agree with him but he's got a good system if you can put up with the stress.

80sDude

dude , peter is new , maybe young but i dident think he is a dumb ... maybe watch to mirror if you wanna see dumb :p
80 miles maybe i think probably 70 for $60 minus like $10 for gas but you can make it whitin 1.5 hour thats mean like $30-$35 per hour , on way back you can stop at midway and take another 12-20$ to city

U-bonics at it's finest... Carry on Grasshopper..

U for Uber

You must be young and dumb Peter.. That is not worth my time from WHERE I LIVE.. That's 40 miles back ( Wasting more time trying to get a ride back to the city ) or just plain suck it up and drive home for free... That's 80 miles roundtrip.. that payout maybe I say maybe is 60.. What's that .80 a mile ? You can have it Pete..
You're telling me you'd say no to a 40mile, 60min, 1.4 boost trip? That's $45 in under an hour after gas and Uber's cut for me. And I live 5miles away from Orland Park. If that was my 2nd trip of a Saturday evening, I probably call it a day because I just made close to $50 in under an hour and I do this part-time unlike you who probably NEEDS to do this full-time. So, tell me, bro, who loses now :frown: ?

pizza guy

You're telling me you'd say no to a 40mile, 60min, 1.4 boost trip? That's $45 in under an hour after gas and Uber's cut for me. And I live 5miles away from Orland Park. If that was my 2nd trip of a Saturday evening, I probably call it a day because I just made close to $50 in under an hour and I do this part-time unlike you who probably NEEDS to do this full-time. So, tell me, bro, who loses now :frown: ?
Leave off the attack at the end and you have a valid point. Don't argue with him. He supported the ordinance and is in a different world.

80sDude

And I live 5miles away from Orland Park

I must be having a conversation with a 3 year old .. My bad... Do you seriously want to continue this debate ? Anybody see where I might go with this in about 2 minutes ?

U for Uber

I must be having a conversation with a 3 year old .. My bad... Do you seriously want to continue this debate ? Anybody see where I might go with this in about 2 minutes ?
5 years old*. And nope, you don't have to continue anything. Thanks for your advice! Have a good life Ubering :smiles:. Uber On :smiles: !!

Szuras

who probably NEEDS to do this full-time
you have anything against full time drivers?
i`m one of them ...
looks like i was wrong , you are young , not very smart kidd in parents car who think "i`m the best "
upsss i forgot , you are the "smart" driver who drove to lake geneva whitout any surge and argue about best trip ever made...

Last edited:

80sDude

It's obvious he is Young and thinks he knows it all..

Moron... You live in Orland.. Great I do not.. I LIVE and WORK close to the city... That trip is not even remotely worth my time WHY ? Because I would have to drive ALL the way home ...most likely with NO PASSENGER...

Do you drive into the city to TRY and get those 40 Mile rides BACK TO WHERE you LIVE ? I doubt it

If you're still confused .. STOP .. and focus...

U for Uber

QUOTE="Szuras, post: 1263051, member: 58870"]you have anything against full time drivers?
i`m one of them ...
looks like i was wrong , you are young , not very smart kidd in parents car who think "i`m the best "[/QUOTE]
Its rude to assume, so don't do it. And no, I have nothing against anyone here. 80s threw some salt in my direction and i did the same. But I agree with pizza guy, move on from this.

pizza guy

I hate to be an enabler but please do. Why are you so much better than all of us suburban drivers?
The biggest difference between you and suburban drivers is you work while not logged on and suburban drivers do things like laundry, fishing, shopping, etc while logged on. I respect your numbers, but I think the extreme lengths you go to in order to reach them may not be worth in terms of mental health.

Mm450

Bad news, Sparky. Uber doesn't care about getting you interested. Because there are literally a hundred other guys for every one of you that will go out there for less than what you "demand". You're not the Michael Jordan of Uber. You're not even a towel boy. So get off your high horse and find a part time job that pays you your $25/hr after taxes (good luck with that btw, lol) and stop thinking you have a voice.