1.3x Earings boost 2pm-5pm ?

Slim Pete

Hey guys who got this massage from uber ? How it works ? Where I have to drive ?
ok, serious reply...I too got this offer as a follow up to the 2.0 surge offer for Monday 10pm to 1 am.
guess as i took them up on that offer, they wanna now see if i can settle for just 1.3, far lower than 2.0
two reasons i won't do this 1.3 offer
1) I have work during those hours
2) even if i were available, i would not do it, because if Uber figures you will even settle for 1.3, they will NEVER send you a 2.0 again. Say no to it.

easteuropeboy

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
ok, serious reply...I too got this offer as a follow up to the 2.0 surge offer for Monday 10pm to 1 am.
guess as i took them up on that offer, they wanna now see if i can settle for just 1.3, far lower than 2.0
two reasons i won't do this 1.3 offer
1) I have work during those hours
2) even if i were available, i would not do it, because if Uber figures you will even settle for 1.3, they will NEVER send you a 2.0 again. Say no to it.
Why would I say no ? 1.3x 0.85 is 1.10 plus I can work thous hours btw they never send me 2x

jmillj

It doesn't say what area So I think every ride on that time will be 1.3x correct?
I got a 1.5 "earnings boost" message (email and in-app) for monday am 6am - 9am. Originally, I thought it was for every trip. But, the 2nd email they sent said mentioned Hudson county. Once 6am hit, my map showed a red outline around Hudson county, with 1.5x stamped over the area. No minimum requirement (like acceptance rate or 1 call per hour). Just a simple 3 hour guarantee surge for the area. Looks like they're testing a bunch of new methods for incentives. BTW, I had a good morning , with a few natural surge rides, so the boost gave me an extra $7 for the period.
[/URL][/IMG]

Attachments

Skyhakw2472

So I guess by them trying these new features they are seriously not even thinking about raising rates, which would be the logical thing to do at this point. Instead they are selectively picking drivers to offer these incentives to.

Slim Pete

So I guess by them trying these new features they are seriously not even thinking about raising rates, which would be the logical thing to do at this point. Instead they are selectively picking drivers to offer these incentives to.
Why would they raise rates? Place barely even surges, surely demand supply equation has been met.

Plus you see people doing minimum fare rides in brand new cars costing 60k and up, at non surge rates.

Why would they raise rates?

Most people look at how much they get deposited into their bank acct minus gas, as profit. They don't realize this differential amount is more than offset by the vehicle's depreciation due to the increased mileage. Neither do they budget for possible repairs.

Many people are dimwits. Once they come to their senses, a new wave of dimwits replace them. The show goes on.

No rate increases.

easteuropeboy

Yoo I just got second message lol ! It's sad only PGA tournament only ))) haha what a scum

Skyhakw2472

Yoo I just got second message lol ! It's sad only PGA tournament only ))) haha what a scum
LOL, yep there it is, the kicker. They make you think all over there will be built in surge, and then they limit it to one little bitty area. So everyone that cleared their schedule from 2-5 can now go back to what they were planning.

easteuropeboy

LOL, yep there it is, the kicker. They make you think all over there will be built in surge, and then they limit it to one little bitty area. So everyone that cleared their schedule from 2-5 can now go back to what they were planning.
Dude I was planning to make extra 0.07cents a mile oh maybe next time haha

MaximusMurkimus

Lmao

People don't understand that there's a queue for Uber rides over at the tournament too

Hopefully it properly surges somewhere else in the meantime

Skyhakw2472

At least they are using first in first out system over there, so that's something to at leased be pleased about. Although today you probably won't see as many people as you are going to see over the next 4 days. I'm sure that guarantee surge will increase as the weekend goes along. I'm curious to see how well it works over there and if it is successful then maybe they will start to implement that at EWR as well.