1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

1/2 inch ice and 8 inches snow coming after...ME GOOD

Discussion in 'Complaints' started by jgiun1, Jan 12, 2018.

1. jgiun1

jgiun1 Well-Known Member

I've gotten three lyft streak offers for almost five extra per trip. Surging like crazy and I'm eating Domino's chicken bread bowl and PlayStation 4 without making an insurance claim to progressive....ME GOOD!!!!!

It sucks, but weather is the reason for the 4x surge this early and only getting worse....could be good money in 4X4

Attached Files:

2. Julescase

Julescase Well-Known Member

You're definitely smart - although the money probably sounds great, just think about the fact that half the time driving around in snow and ice, you have very little control over what your car does regardless of how careful of a driver you are.

When I lived back east , my car did some crazy **** in the ice and snow, like spinning out of control randomly and finally ending up in a snowbank, thank God no one was around and my car and I were fine. Another time during a snowstorm, my car ended up spinning around on a highway (Route 9 in Brookline, MA, anyone?) during a snowstorm, and finally stopped but unfortunately I was facing oncoming traffic that had been stopped at a red light. People had to get out of their cars and help push me to the other side of the road and turn my car around because my wheels couldn't gain any traction- it was horrible and terrifying and a little bit funny. Miraculously, no one was hurt and the only thing that happened to me was my stomach did a few flip-flops out of sheer terror.

I can't imagine Ubering in that weather, now that I'm in Los Angeles I consider it a risky move to get in my car and Uber while it's raining since people here don't seem to understand how to drive in the rain. Monday and Tuesday of this week were pretty busy due to the storms but I was driving at half speeds and my palms were sweating most of the rides because I know how clueless some people are.

tohunt4me and jgiun1 like this.
  3. jgiun1

jgiun1 Well-Known Member

Yep, not worth the risk vs. reward. I trust my driving getting around, just the aggressive other people in my market scares me.

4. Over/Uber

Over/Uber Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberXL
    This is in the Complaint sub forum. Is that ‘cuz you’re complaining about all the money you’re not making on that surge?

I own the Uber streets when it snows. Worth the risk? Nope. Ride share, period, isn’t worth the risk.

5. Another Uber Driver

Another Uber Driver Moderator Moderator

Driving:
    UberTAXI
    I am from Massachusetts, originally. We stay home when we get the occasional ice storm. We do not get many on the North Shore, but when we do, we know enough to stay home. Now if it snows.....................................

tohunt4me, Julescase and jgiun1 like this.

6. jgiun1

jgiun1 Well-Known Member

If I have your permission to post here, it was the snow and ice blocking money & the blood stains on uber and lyfy I haven't seen since the 8th grade picnic......so yes complaints

tohunt4me and Cableguynoe like this.
  7. Over/Uber

Driving:
    UberXL
    Whuh??

8. jgiun1

jgiun1 Well-Known Member

Blood stains= surges on Uber

You having a bad night or something?
    Just wondering, you post YAWN in JulescaseJulescase thread about dreams, then asking me why I posted a complaint in the complaint section.

Cableguynoe likes this.
  9. Over/Uber

Driving:
    UberXL
    Woah, woah, woah. Dial back there a little. I know my humor doesn’t translate well on a forum sometimes.

The “yawn” was a pun, a funny to go with Jule’s dream story. Same with my complaint comments about your post—meant to be kinda humorous. Sorry it was all missed.

I have had a very good day and night, actually.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
    Cableguynoe and jgiun1 like this.
  10. Julescase

I actually took the LSats at salem State years ago in the middle of a blizzard - they still held the exams despite a major snowstorm going on, so I had l to drive up route 128 in almost white out conditions, I couldn't believe the test wasn't canceled but I also didn't want to see my money go down the drain.

It was one of the worst storms in 10+ years and wouldn't you know it, my exam was at 8 am that very day. I tanked on the test too, I like to blame it on the fact that I was stressed out about the snow piling up inch by inch every minute of the four hour test period. Lolol what a crappy day that was.

So "New England" of them!!

tohunt4me, Cableguynoe and jgiun1 like this.
  11. jgiun1

jgiun1 Well-Known Member

Lol....my bad.

Cableguynoe likes this.
  12. Julescase

That's funny- I actually hit "ignore" for that person's comments from now on after that "yawn " comment. It was the non-stop negative and useless comments from him that I have no time for and don't want to waste my energy with.

I am all for someone having different opinions than mine, I love a good debate and have no problem with people disagreeing with me, but when someone does nothing but post completely useless, negative, and frankly dumb comments, there is no point in reading them.

He's the only person from this forum I have on "ignore" and it's already paying off!

I highly recommend it! :)

jgiun1 likes this.
  13. jgiun1

jgiun1 Well-Known Member

Well, the humor went over my head also Jules

Would you like to see a Patriots vs. Steelers rematch being from area

Julescase likes this.
  14. Over/Uber

Driving:
    UberXL
    Aww Jules, I’m really sorry. I like your posts and your seemingly tough personality. I’ll be more positive. Sometimes I get caught up in the forum frenzy and try to be too cute.

Wait, if I’m on ignore, Jules prolly won’t see this, right?

Cableguynoe and jgiun1 like this.
  15. jgiun1

jgiun1 Well-Known Member

Yes.. I'll cut and paste it for you

Jules,.....Over/Uber posted this for you:

"Aww Jules, I’m really sorry. I like your posts and your seemingly tough personality. I’ll be more positive. Sometimes I get caught up in the forum frenzy and try to be too cute."

Cableguynoe likes this.
  16. Over/Uber

Driving:
    UberXL
    Thx :-/

jgiun1 likes this.
  17. u-Boat

u-Boat Well-Known Member

West of the Atlantic, East of the Pacific
    Driving:
    UberXL
  18. Another Uber Driver

Another Uber Driver Moderator Moderator

Driving:
    UberTAXI
    Ice is one thing; snow? YAWWWWWWNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN.

I am originally from Salem, so I know the storm and the institution of which you post.

I always hated ETS tests. The Institutions of Higher Learning FINALLY are getting hip to them. With the exception of mathematics, the only thing that ETS tests EVER measured was the ability of the test-taker to guess what was going on in the mind of the person who wrote the question at the time that he wrote said question.

Before the Second World War, college was not the norm. so the institutions could administer their own entrance examinations. Since college became the norm (and that is NOT a bad thing, mind you). it is no longer practical for the institutions to do that, hence the rise of the ETS and ACTP, The ETS actually was the first; established in the 1920s, but it did not come into the prominence that it has to-day until after the Second World War.

Still, both corporations administer tests on all levels (including the professional and other graduate school tests) that are seriously flawed. While some may be better than others (The AP examinations actually do measure scholastic ability more than most of ETS tests), most of them are useless in predicting success at an Institution of higher learning.

While I am less than delighted at seeing institutions' of higher learning dropping the admission essay, I am glad to see their dropping these testing racket companies.

jgiun1 and tohunt4me like this.
  19. Cableguynoe

Cableguynoe Well-Known Member

JulescaseJulescase doesnt believe in second chances

20. Over/Uber

Driving:
    UberXL
    Can’t be on everyone’s Christmas card list.

jgiun1, Cableguynoe and tohunt4me like this.