$1,000 fine for not using the Uber "U"?!

JMBF831

Regarding California:

From what I read it says there could be a $1,000 fine if we don't have the trade dress (Uber "U") sticker displayed on your windshield?

How durable are these stickers? I mean, if we are constantly sticking them on and off has anyone run into any problems such as the sticker not sticking any longer?

limepro

It is a piece of cardboard that slides into a clear plastic holder that is always fixed to your windshield.

JMBF831

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
It is a piece of cardboard that slides into a clear plastic holder that is always fixed to your windshield.
I don't have any such thing, I have one of those stick-on, stick-off glass type stickers.

SumGuy

Yep. They have reflective stickers now. I like that it is reflective, I do not stick it though, I just slide it into the old place holder.

JMBF831

Yep. They have reflective stickers now. I like that it is reflective, I do not stick it though, I just slide it into the old place holder.
It's the type of sticker that you can easily take on and off, right? I don't want to have to scrape off sticky residue after I'm done driving.

Can anyone confirm?

Renaldow

It's the type of sticker that you can easily take on and off, right? I don't want to have to scrape off sticky residue after I'm done driving.

Can anyone confirm?
It's not a static cling sticker, it's sticky. But it's made to not stick to the windshield permanently so you are peeling it off and putting the plastic backing back on it when not in use. It makes more sense if it's in your hands. It won't leave residue.

JimS

I'm assuming you had a vehicle inspection at some point. Just go there.
Nope. Never given a mentor, no inspection required in Georgia (only if we pick up in South Carolina). No contact for help. "You're activated. Good riddance...errr luck!"

JMBF831

It's not a static cling sticker, it's sticky. But it's made to not stick to the windshield permanently so you are peeling it off and putting the plastic backing back on it when not in use. It makes more sense if it's in your hands. It won't leave residue.
Thank you for the reply. So you routinely take yours on and off without any problems?

frndthDuvel

I have laminated mine and slide it between dash and window. Takes seconds to change to LYFT or remove, after 1500 plus rides it is still in great shape and looks like new. I saw another driver today and his UBER trade dress was all wrinkled up and looked terrible laying flat on the dash.

Tim In Cleveland

Do not use stickers if it is not required in your area. I just saw someone with both and Uber and a Lyft light up signs on his dashboard in Cleveland (I bet both companies love the cross-promotion, NOT). Cleveland doesn't require those signs and they are NOT proof you are a legit driver. They can be bought on Ebay. By using them, you are putting pressure on all the drivers to do the same and making it easy for fake drivers to prey on our customers.