• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

🚨 Uber Bans Free Speech In Your Own Vehicle? 🚨

Do You Believe this New Uber Feature impedes on your 1st Amendment Rights?

• Total voters
Yes you read that correctly Uber has banned free speech in your own vehicle. Just another slap in the face to drivers.

Nobody tells me if I can or cannot talk in my own vehicle. F this company...

View attachment 320827

Worthless driver, be quiet you subhuman. Like I can't believe this driver even think he can speak to me when I didn't speak to him first. Like all he has to do is literally give me an aux cord and hand me a water. He didn't even open the door for me and he has the nerve to speak. So one staring him and asking Uber for my 4.87 refund. Going to get him fired. Subhuman driver speaking to me!

ghouri27

If you're getting paid black rates, why not just shut up and let them do what they prefer? That's what you're getting paid to do, right?
We are driving our own vehicles but we are providing service to the customers who are paying for that service. So if the customer wants you to be quiet it's okay for us.

SurgeMasterMN

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Worthless driver, be quiet you subhuman. Like I can't believe this driver even think he can speak to me when I didn't speak to him first. Like all he has to do is literally give me an aux cord and hand me a water. He didn't even open the door for me and he has the nerve to speak. So one staring him and asking Uber for my 4.87 refund. Going to get him fired. Subhuman driver speaking to me!
1BC60F94-C3CC-428C-85C2-8F7664ECAFBE.jpeg

And this is the result

W00dbutcher

Pax: do you know where I can get a good steak in this town?

Driver :

Pax: sir I asked you a question do you know when I get a good steak in this town?

Driver :

Pax: why won't you talk to me and answer my questions?

Driver : you have reached your destination please exit the vehicle thank you.

Pax: but why are you ignoring me?

UberLaLa

Silence coming to a ride near you shortly. This will be rolled out to all categories soon.
No it won't. Just like leather seats and a black luxury car are not expected on X. Neither will X passengers expect to have these preferred options. Black has to wait up to 15 minutes, have TCP, etc. X will never be required these things...

Last edited:
Yes you read that correctly Uber has banned free speech in your own vehicle. Just another slap in the face to drivers.

View attachment 320827

I treat Uber as a job
In that job I provide a service
In 2000 rides I have had one rider 1/2000!?? Rate me 2**
Confused as to the reasoning,I pushed Uber to give me some feedback

Of course the rider providing the feedback remains anonymous ,but feedback came back "driver was too chatty"

I was fine with this
Furthermore ,I don't allow riders to smoke in my car,even though many gave requested to

This is the gray tightrope Uber will soon be walking

So I'fmy paying customer common nicates ahead of the fare they want no conversation,I will provide that service

If my paying rider communicates ahead of time they wish to smoke in the car I won't accept the trip -believe me this is WHERE WE ARE HEADED
on Christmas day last year I did 5 fares

4 rated me at 5* and 2 left compliments

The 5 the fare was enough to make me stop my shift and not drive for 72 hours
That fare rated me a 1**

When I pushed Uber for a reason ,the feedback was I wished 2 of my riders on a fare a 'merry Christmas"
They we're offended as they don't celebrate Christmas,and although I tried Uber refused to remove the 1*

Seems to me as long as the paying customer communicates what service they require,we as drivers have a choice whether to take the fare

UberLaLa

Seems to me as long as the paying customer communicates what service they require,we as drivers have a choice whether to take the fare
Actually, no ya don't. The 'Preferences' screen does not show until after UberBlack driver has accepted the Trip. Ping indicates nothing different. If driver does not like the Preferences (none of them are that outrageous, including a passenger saying they prefer 'Quite') driver needs to Cancel trip.

kevin92009

View attachment 320827

decline all comfort rides

UberLaLa

I've given a good number of "Quiet Preferred" rides now. None of them seemed like passenger was a jerk wanting driver to stfu. Think some might have been, Please hope driver does not play his/her music or talk radio. A few were needing to do business calls, and couple others slept from long flights or days.

What puts a smile on my face are the passengers that select, "Open to Chat" preferred. Just feels friendly before even picking them up.