• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

🚨 Uber Bans Free Speech In Your Own Vehicle? 🚨

Do You Believe this New Uber Feature impedes on your 1st Amendment Rights?

• Total voters

SurgeMasterMN

Yes you read that correctly Uber has banned free speech in your own vehicle. Just another slap in the face to drivers.

Nobody tells me if I can or cannot talk in my own vehicle. F this company...

Last edited:

WAHN

It's stupid and a bit offensive, but not a 1st Amendment issue, just like forum rules prohibiting certain things are not a 1st Amendment issue.

Many of us can figure it out easily enough if a customer wants to talk or not.

Otherwise, just let us know.

BigRedDriver

Hmmm I don’t know dude....
Post automatically merged:

I guess for those that are ok with it then .....

Makes me more Green. I’m all for it.

It's stupid and a bit offensive, but not a 1st Amendment issue, just like forum rules prohibiting certain things are not a 1st Amendment issue.

Many of us can figure it out easily enough if a customer wants to talk or not.

Otherwise, just let us know.
It’s insulting to the driver to even suggest it. My riders are free to ask for quiet. And I will oblige, not because of a requirement, but because I am an adult.

SurgeMasterMN

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
While I'm not on Black, the only problem I have with things like this is the fact that it's yet more b.s. Uber customers can @@@@@ about and downrate you for not toeing the line.

Telling me not to talk in my own vehicle. Are we employees yet?
You get it 👍

WAHN

No where does it say that!

"Lighten up, Francis"...!
Right, apparently the three options are:
“quiet preferred”
“happy to chat”
“no preference”

Might help drivers who are too thick to realize when somebody has their earphones in or their face buried in their phone that they don't want to be bothered.

Or not.

If I drove Black, I might be a bit more concerned about
There’s also the chance to extend the pickup period by up to 15 minutes at no extra cost should you need a little longer to get ready.
How's that gonna work?

Seamus

As long as it is upfront and the Uber Quite Mode is included in the ping notification then I am fine with it. That way a driver chooses (or not) to accept that condition as part of the ride and makes their own free choice.

If it is not upfront then of course that can lead to problems. The key is always give the driver the information upfront to understand what he/she is accepting. If total disclosure were done upfront across the board their would be a lot less complaints in general. U/L should get out of the mentality that they can hide information from you and then "spring it on you".

UberLaLa

For now....
It wasn't that bad yesterday. Got 2 Quiets & 1 Wants Car Cool.

As long as it is upfront and the Uber Quite Mode is included in the ping notification then I am fine with it. That way a driver chooses (or not) to accept that condition as part of the ride and makes their own free choice.

If it is not upfront then of course that can lead to problems. The key is always give the driver the information upfront to understand what he/she is accepting. If total disclosure were done upfront across the board their would be a lot less complaints in general. U/L should get out of the mentality that they can hide information from you and then "spring it on you".
It isn't in the Ping. You don't see the Preferences until you go to Start Trip.