😬 Routine Uber ride takes a frightening turn 😬

Cabledawg

She was most likely mean to him before she started filming. She said the officers took no report....like she is entitled and someone has wronged her in some way even though the driver didn't do anything illegal. She stated "As the video shows he is ranting over and over, pacing, tries to hit me.....She is a filthy liar....he never tried to hit her. She then hashtags everyone and their brother including #SexTrafficing....WTF.....this @@@@@ may have even planned this.

TheDevilisaParttimer

Good. Sit back, relax, and you'll get home safely.

I thought she was trying to decompress and listening to a podcast.

In what manner and tone did she offer "navigational help".

We'll likely never know.
Honestly she could have been nice about it but still a backseat driver. She may have just been the straw that broke the camel's back.

We see it in customer service an employee snaps from all the bs and baggage that comes along with dealing with people all day everyday.
Post automatically merged:

This video is disturbing on many levels.

Fact is, Uber drivers have a documented history
of Escalating issues into Law Enforcement
and Court involvement while Resulting in the added credibility for the
the General
Public’s Disdain for Unemployable
working poor drivers who may
be, in fact, diagnosed Mentally Defective

Not much different from this Driver’s
Disturbing display of mental Pathology
He should've taken her to a safe location to end ride. Also if the police is in route to scene their is no reason to escalate situation any further.

Sorry guys I'm siding with rider on this one. Her argument to not leave vehicle due to safety, is valid here.

Last edited:

TheDevilisaParttimer

Back seat directions are annoying but I wouldn't kick someone out in a non-populated area for that.

However, she already lost my vote once she started filming. Get out of the car. The man has money to make elsewhere. If you must film, then get out and film. Don't hold the car/driver hostage just so you can become a Facebook Media Star.
A lot of people do this when they are scared now. They will start filming on Facebook live so there is documentation of their whereabouts and with whom in hope of deterring an attacker.

ntcindetroit

Money talks, BS walks. In a situation like this, I'll ask politely, how much do I need to tip you to continue the trip.
As a biz operator, don't use the word biz-owner. Like Uber owns its drivers. All drivers are independent biz owners too, at least they own the steering wheel and brake that your life is relied on. Never believe there are unlimited suckers buying cars to do Comfort or Black. I wish there is a Uber White that drivers there pledge to treat riders fairly if they were treated fairly by Uber's algorithm.

Wild Colonial Boy

Well... many of us keep saying it over and over again, like a phone call isn’t worth the paper it’s written on, a defence against a passenger’s claim without dashcam footage is worth exactly zilch. When are drivers going to be their own best friend and make sure that absolutely everything that happens inside their car is recorded AND stored!

Lute Byrt

At that point if you (the driver) are not a cigarette smoker, it might be a great time to start and see what she thinks about smoking in the car?

Hans GrUber

I have zero doubt that she’s the epitome of what drivers refer to as the scourge of entitled pax Uber drivers are forced to deal with. This doesn’t seem like a particularly unsafe road and the pax is breaking the law here, not the driver.

If you read the article, the entitled and narcissistic view of what the pax twists this into is hilarious. She says she didn’t want to order another Uber bc of concerns over her charge, yet she goes on to film, call the police, a friend, and her parent, utilizing her phone AND Apple Watch.

She says she got home and her kids were crying after she described what happened, like this was somehow someone else’s fault for making her kids cry, when it was her choice and way she told the children that made them cry.

MY FAVORITE PART was this: “The officer decided that no crime had taken place — less paperwork that way — and offered Morgan a ride. Less than ideal, but probably the best solution for a bad situation.” The author and pax manage to portray a police officer as lazy bc they didn’t want to do paperwork, who, not only didn’t charge the pax with trespassing (the only crime here), but gave her a ride home.

And the video is hilarious. She’s soooooo traumatized by her “mentally ill” that she is completely comfortable turning her back to him and remaining in the vehicle.

Please, just another case of a dumb pax that met a driver who didn’t feel like tolerating her bullshit, and the pax sitting and spinning it in their heads until they were completely innocent and the victim of a “crazy” driver.

tohunt4me

-------------------------------
Exactly, what difference does the color of their skin make in this situation ?
NO -- you are not right.

We all know that the GPS too often takes a ridiculous way to reach a destination. The pax has every right to comment or suggest a better route. I will accommodate as long as it is safe and I tell the pax what the conditions are. The driver DOES NOT have the right to demand a pax exit their car in an unsafe area.
I see deactivation in this drivers very near future.
VERR at the V shaped corner !

Sounds Dangerous & Illegal !

uberdriverfornow

Perhaps instead of telling a side of the story that ignores what she did wrong, she could tell the truth and let people judge whether she was rude or not.

"offering navigational help" translates into "I started yelling at him for not going a different route than what was on his own GPS which I didn't need to do unless the GPS was telling him to drive off a cliff"

The Gift of Fish

Shalisha Morgan was running a little late.

Her car was still in the shop Thursday morning, she had an appointment with a client coming up fast and her preferred method of getting to her small business — hopping in an Uber — was no longer an option.

Not after the nightmarish experience she had the night before when a surly Uber driver stopped his car in the middle of a quiet road and ordered her out into the cold, dark night. “Not at a gas station. No lights, no sidewalk, not anywhere safe,” she said.

Shalisha Morgan, owner of the Geek in Heels tech repair business.
View attachment 419899

While it was happening, a random passerby — a total stranger who gave her the willies — tried to entice Morgan into his car. With the Uber driver’s encouragement. And before it was all over, police were summoned.
Not the way anybody wants to end a long workday.
So why on earth would Morgan consider another Uber ride?

Few options, none good
Morgan most definitely does not fit anyone’s image of an IT guy. She’s female (duh), petite, outgoing and well-dressed. No mustard- stained sweats for her.

Along the way to her condo on the north side of the city, Morgan offered navigational help. Suggestions on where to turn, that sort of thing. Nothing odd or out of bounds about that.
She would know the best way to her own home, right?

After one suggestion — veer right at a V-shaped intersection at Bethabara Road and Pinewood Drive — she said the driver came to an abrupt stop across a travel lane and ordered her out.
Junk journalism. Biased, one-sided sensationalist nonsense.

radikia

Uber and the rideshare industry as a whole is under heavy scrutiny over this past year. With all the high profile cases of sexual assaults on pax and Sammy's Law, a story of dangerous and/or scary rideshare driver heats up in the press fast. It's an easy bandwagon to jump on. Guilty until proven innocent if you are a driver, but I just don't think skin color of a pax is a defining factor of what kind of rider they will be or what exactly transpired on that trip.
What exactly are the bullet points of Sammy's Law ? Check the license plates of a vehicle you're about to enter ? NO , the bullet points of Sammy's Law are that it's OK to be a drunken stupid college coed that mistakenly enters a non ride share vehicle , and after you're murdered because of your own stupidity , you can can throw a blanket of blame over all those who drive for ride share . God forbid anyone be held accountable for their own stupid actions or decisions .

Last edited:

WAHN

What exactly are the bullet points of Sammy's Law ? Check the license plates of a vehicle you're about to enter ? NO , the bullet points of Sammy's Law are that it's OK to be a drunken stupid college coed that mistakenly enters a non ride share vehicle , and after you're murdered because of your own stupidity , you can can throw a blanket of blame over all those who drive for ride share . God forbid anyone be held accountable for their own stupid actions or decisions .
Harsh, but not untrue.