• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

😐Dress in revealing clothes, you deserve what you get😐

Do you blame the victim of assault if they were dressed too revealing?

• Yes

Votes: 28 15.6%
  • No

Votes: 151 84.4%

• Total voters

Mkang14

Do you feel Pax/Drivers who dress in revealing clothes are the reason for an assult? They only have themselves to blame?

You'd be surprised how often victims are blammed. Growing up I've learned if a indian woman was raped she better keep quiet or she will be considered used up and blammed for putting herself in that situation. This is the reality of the world we live in.

Last edited:

Mkang14

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
no. There's nothing more to say.
I was on a thread where there was a lot of opinions about this. You'd be surprised how many lean in the opposite direction.

2 out 13 blame the victim of assault.
Screenshot_20200110-120924_Samsung Internet.jpg

Lol take that stuff to the Random. I'm here to get advice on how to pretend this gig economy is still worth it.
Ignore me and you wont see this thread. Problem solved.

Last edited:

reg barclay

Do you feel Pax/Drivers who dress in revealing clothes are setting themselves up for trouble? They deserve what they get?
Those appear to be two separate questions:

Setting themselves up for trouble, yes.

Deserve what they get, no.

Kind of like saying, if a person walks around a bad neighbourhood holding wads of cash in their hand, they are asking for trouble. But morally speaking, they don't deserve to be robbed.

VanGuy

Those appear to be two separate questions:

Setting themselves up for trouble, yes.

Deserve what they get, no.

Kind of like saying, if a person walks around a bad neighbourhood holding wads of cash in their hand, they are asking for trouble. But morally speaking, they don't deserve to be robbed.
Agreed. We live in a society of mostly decent people, and some shitty people. You gotta do what you gotta do to protect yourself. I'm not a gun advocate so you don't need to carry a howitzer in your cleavage, and I really do like looking at cleavage. I was going somewhere with this....

Anyways make sure you're not the victim. I suppose that's where I was going.

losiglow

I voted no.

However.....the world is what it is. And although a thief shouldn't break into my car to steal an iPad sitting on the front seat, the chance of him doing so is much higher when it's there.

I'm not saying attractive women shouldn't dress themselves up. What I'm saying is that they may want to realize that doing so may result in some scumbag being more likely to assault her. It's a decision they have to make. If I were an attractive woman, it's a chance I'd take because I don't like the concept of some scumbag dictating what I do in life. But if I knew I was going to be in a dodgy part of town that night or some rowdy lawless rave concert, I might be a bit more conservative.

FLKeys

Do you feel Pax/Drivers who dress in revealing clothes are setting themselves up for trouble? They deserve what they get?
What a complicated question. Are they setting themselves up for trouble? Yes, unfortunately the may so many people thing yes they are. Do they deserve what they get? I would say no, no one deserves being assaulted regardless of how they dress. Again unfortunately it most likely will happen eventually.

Trafficat

I don't blame the victim ever. That's not to say our choices do not correlate with the likelihood of being assaulted in various ways.

It's never your fault if you get robbed, and you never deserve to get robbed. But if you wear gold chains in plain sight, you're more likely to get robbed than if you wear clothes that are falling apart.

Merely being an Uber driver greatly increases the chances of being the victim of a criminal assault or fatal car accident. If safety is your number one goal, being an Uber driver is not the best career choice. The more you drive for Uber, the more money you make, but the more likely you are to be a victim.

Being an attractive female driver probably increases your chances of being the victim of sexual assault. But on the flipside, it probably increases your chances of tips. So probably it has a similar relationship. The more attractive you make yourself, the more money you make, but the more likely you are to be a victim.

On the other hand, plan on how to retaliate against an attempted sexual assault, and you can mitigate the harm such an attacker might be likely to cause.