• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

👍 Uber Shares Plunge, Opening Door for Decentralized Solutions 👍

Do You think a Peer to Peer network could work?

• Total voters

SurgeMasterMN

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
There is a fortune to made from shorting this stock, Lyft as well. Prime examples of failed business models.
With the realization of these failed businesses I believe at some point people will be able to connect peer to peer via a simple app and negotiate a ride. Cut out these middle men and the ride is between the driver and the rider. This will allow the driver to get the majority of the fair and build his or her business with their own networking skills. The rider will then be happy to get and retain a driver they know.

The same basis of the Private Limo Service via privatization but priced similar to rideshare prices.

Last edited:

BigRedDriver

With the realization of these failed businesses I believe at some point people will be able to connect peer to peer via a simple app and negotiate a ride. Cut out these middle men and the ride is between the driver and the rider. This will allow the driver to get the majority of the fair and build his or her business with their own networking skills. The rider will then be happy to get and retain a driver they know.
I’m surprised Facebook hasn’t figured this out yet.