• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

๐Ÿœ ๐Ÿœ ๐Ÿœ. Uber pro

Hairytee

That was the past. I hope you took that income to educate yourself for a better profession. That level of income is NOT coming back.
Any immigrant with a license is willing to work for less.
It's not just the taxi/rideshare industry. Pay has gone down elsewhere as well. A lot of this is due to technology and automation. Now that the average consumer has a computer and can do a lot of the things professionals only had the software to perform (i.e. typesetting, web design, inDesign, Photoshop, etc.), this has driven down what you can charge and thus, wages go down also. Photography is a great example. With digital cameras nowadays (and even your smart phone), the need for a professional photographer has greatly diminished. Life changes and you either adapt or become obsolete. That simple.
Post automatically merged:

Amen, brother. With 6,500 trips, 4.90 rating UP started me at highest UP level... and after first all-night shift they demoted me to UP basement because I declined the usual 3 a.m. to 5 a.m. flurries of money-losing, long-distance pick-ups (usually they are minimum fare rides or close to it, and leave me in the middle of nowhere). UP offers very modest benefits, nothing compared with money I'd lose every night to satisfy program's demand for 85% acceptance. There oughta be a law.
What bothers me most about this Pro is as you guys are saying, in order to hit the high levels, you have to be working 50-60 hours a week. It is all a ploy just to get drivers to work more and bring up the UR. Ratings still me nothing. A 4.85 should be the average and is very easy to maintain. I have 6,900 trips and have never been below a 4.95 rating. The last 1 1/2 years I have consistently run a 4.98/4.99 rating depending on how many jerks I get. Your status should be based solely on your rating. It doesn't seem like much, but there is a huge difference between a 4.85 and a 4.95 rated driver. So you get a guy that slaves like a dog for 60 hours, keeps a 4.85, 85% acceptance and 4% cancel rate and he gets Platinum or Uranium (whatever it is...LOL) status! Meanwhile, I provide exceptional service with a 4.98/4.99 rating and will always be at the partner or Gold level (at best) because I don't drive 50-60 hours a week! That makes no sense at all!

Last edited:

Drastic

How do you currently decide which rides to accept? Some karmic feeling? Voodoo?
Time and distance information would not help you make rational choices?

Not no matter what. You can reject 1 of every 6.

On what information do you CURRENTLY not accept rides? Random musings? A ouija board?
Absolutely no Pool rides. I would take a crappy 3.9 rated Pax b4 I accept a Pool Ride.

Lenny_yellow_cab

So was the number of accepted trips on purpose? :geek:
Not all :ninja:

Those gimmicks are nonsense. You can tell it was a bunch business marketing dopes straight out college that came up with this stupid idea to market "points" and tiers.... :o-o:

So we got stars, badges, points, and tiers. I just want money...:thumbdown:
Do they not know that cash is king? :confusion: