►Pros and Cons of Tinting your Windshield,...

AZ-XOEM

PRO: :smiles:
Depending on the Film; 3M, Llumar, Solargard, Suntek, Madico, Wincos,...
-Reduces the glare in your face when driving East, South or West.
-Reduces the burning sensation on your face, arms and body from direct sunlight.
-Reduces the amount of AC required to comfortably cool down the vehicle and your PAX.
-Reduces the amount of Solar Radiation and Ultraviolet beating down on you or, the PAX.
-Reinforces the glass. Prevents "spider cracks" when debris hit your windshield.
-Enhances the overall appearance of the vehicle.

★Makes it difficult for Photo Radar to take a clear picture of the driver :p

--In the past 5yrs, I've gotten 11 Tickets in the mail,... I can't tell who's actually driving. :biggrin:

►CONS: :frown:

-Regardless of the film you use, it's illegal to tint your windshield in ALL 50-states.

►Loophole: :rolleyes:
-Unless you have a Physician's Note clearly stating that Direct Sunlight or Exposure, impedes or affects your ability to safely drive either by vision, cancer risk or other legitimate healthcare reason.

►Technicality: :cool:
-I use Wincos-40 on my windshield. You can hardly tell it's on there and, it's almost impossible to get an accurate Light Meter reading because of the A-Pillar :eek:

Last edited:

Jdemonto

PRO: :smiles:
Depending on the Film; 3M, Llumar, Solargard, Suntek, Madico, Wincos,...
-Reduces the glare in your face when driving East, South or West.
-Reduces the burning sensation on your face, arms and body from direct sunlight.
-Reduces the amount of AC required to comfortably cool down the vehicle and your PAX.
-Reduces the amount of Solar Radiation and Ultraviolet beating down on you or, the PAX.
-Reinforces the glass. Prevents "spider cracks" when debris hit your windshield.
-Enhances the overall appearance of the vehicle.
★Makes it difficult for Photo Radar to take a clear picture of the driver :p

►CONS: :frown:

-Regardless of the film you use, it's illegal to tint your windshield in ALL 50-states.

►Loophole: :rolleyes:
-Unless you have a Physician's Note clearly stating that Direct Sunlight or Exposure, impedes or affects your ability to safely drive either by vision, cancer risk or other legitimate healthcare reason.

►Technicality: :cool:
-I use Wincos-40 on my windshield. You can hardly tell it's on there so, cops can't tell if it's the factory color of the glass or, actual aftermarket tint. I also use Wincos because, it has the highest Glare and Heat Rejection percentages versus 3M, Solargard or Suntek. It's also literally almost crystal clear film.
-...You can also use Solargard 50 or Suntek 70 but, anything darker may draw attention to your vehicle by law enforcement.
-If an Officer really wants to give you a hard time about it,... they can test it with a Light Meter but,... they have to get the two light contacts of the meter over the A-Pillar,... -ooops. That's impossible :eek:

I have seen unmarked police cars with illegal tint and also windshield tint as you mentioned.

Didn't think it was legal to do the front glass. I had my car tinted early spring. Last year was my first summer here, untinted. Never again.

This thread reads like an advertisement.

AP92

Didn't think it was legal to do the front glass. I had my car tinted early spring. Last year was my first summer here, untinted. Never again.

This thread reads like an advertisement.
Im convinced that he might work for the big man or a robot. Everything this guy post has no emotion or personality. Nothing but copy and paste uploads :biggrin:

ACHUMA

Im convinced that he might work for the big man or a robot. Everything this guy post has no emotion or personality. Nothing but copy and paste uploads :biggrin:

LOL

This is the same guy who said if someone talks about drugs in your backseat then you should put the dash cam footage of it on a CD, mail it to the police department, and include all of pax personal info with it hahaha.

Great idea, Columbo! :rolleyes:

I have my windshield tinted with 3m 70% .. I had cactus tint do it and when i crack my windshield i go through Blue Chip auto glass and they are able to get geico to cover my windshield along with my tint. I've done it 2x now with no issues.