“Read Update” in middle of CTB - Another CTB Scare

Bosshogg617

Uber pulled something that added unnecessary stress on my heart ..... after ride 2/3 of of CTB it showed a message, something to the effect I had to read some stupid update before I proceeded and made it seem as if I was offline.

I of course was in hustle mode, right in the middle of Harvard Sq, so agreed to whatever it was, just hoping it wouldn’t make me lose my CTB status ..... for a second it did make it seem like I was in some offline/online limbo (SEE PIC) , no calls or the usual screen even though I was in the middle of Surge central ..... and it was 6:59 pm ..... CTB was over at 7, so if this glitch reset my CTB, I was screwed ...... luckily I received a call after about 5 minutes, and CTB was paid ...... whewwww, another close CTB Glitch call lol. ??‍♂??

Attachments

john1975

Uber pulled something that added unnecessary stress on my heart ..... after ride 2/3 of of CTB it showed a message, something to the effect I had to read some stupid update before I proceeded and made it seem as if I was offline.

I of course was in hustle mode, right in the middle of Harvard Sq, so agreed to whatever it was, just hoping it wouldn’t make me lose my CTB status ..... for a second it did make it seem like I was in some offline/online limbo (SEE PIC) , no calls or the usual screen even though I was in the middle of Surge central ..... and it was 6:59 pm ..... CTB was over at 7, so if this glitch reset my CTB, I was screwed ...... luckily I received a call after about 5 minutes, and CTB was paid ...... whewwww, another close CTB Glitch call lol. ??‍♂??
I had the same issue but if you close and reopen app without going offline it will update. Just accept the terms first. This also works when surge is not updating. I also had a pic request when on pike in surge area ?.

smooth ride

Yeah they pull the same crap on me, during rush hour. No sweat, y’all no I’m a “G”. I simply turn on my lyft app, and scored back to back +11 surges. I made $42.00 in 37 minutes thanks to uber ineptness. These forms can wait until we’re offline.

Smoothjukes17

Same but luckily I had just finished my third ride lol
Post automatically merged:

Also there are times when I’m in the middle of a 3.50/5.00 surge and I won’t receive a request for over 5-10minutes. Has this ever happened to you?

Arb Watson

I had the same issue but if you close and reopen app without going offline it will update. Just accept the terms first. This also works when surge is not updating. I also had a pic request when on pike in surge area ?.
Well it seems the surge glitch is happening more often. So much for better app.

^^^ more this week than ever
There must be a department at Uber called: UberDriverz or UberScrew. We work to develop drivers obstacles.

Bosshogg617

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks for the advice! I have done with with Lyft a few times when they crapped out, so nice to hear can do with Uber,’that does usually do the trick! ?

Same but luckily I had just finished my third ride lol

Also there are times when I’m in the middle of a 3.50/5.00 surge and I won’t receive a request for over 5-10minutes. Has this ever happened to you?
Similar, but mine is when I’m in a surge zone, $5 next ride for example, then all of a sudden, surge is over, but you still have that $5 guarantee .... I swear they almost always take 15 to 20 mins for the next ride, almost forcing me to log off and back on, losing the $5, or moving onto Lyft for a little bit and losing the $5 lol. Never fails.

Yeah they pull the same crap on me, during rush hour. No sweat, y’all no I’m a “G”. I simply turn on my lyft app, and scored back to back +11 surges. I made $42.00 in 37 minutes thanks to uber ineptness. These forms can wait until we’re offline.
Damn, good move! And $11 surges for Lyft, that is good luck, their prime time or whatever their calling it these days have been non existent!