“Flexible” pricing at SMF?

Sactown Dan

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
No more queue at SMF on Uber either due to this.
Ummmm, joking right?

So never say never, I took an airport trip from Roseville today. And caught an empty staging area. So the “flexible” pricing is active. And there still is a queue. Here are some screen grabs as you get on property or finish a drop off.
This didn’t matter as I caught a unicorn. 1.9x to Gold River at $48 before tip.

Attachments

btone31

Ummmm, joking right?

So never say never, I took an airport trip from Roseville today. And caught an empty staging area. So the “flexible” pricing is active. And there still is a queue. Here are some screen grabs as you get on property or finish a drop off.
This didn’t matter as I caught a unicorn. 1.9x to Gold River at $48 before tip.
I can still see how many cars are in the queue. What I meant to write was you can't see how many people ahead of you in the queue once in the lot.

Sactown Dan

I can still see how many cars are in the queue. What I meant to write was you can't see how many people ahead of you in the queue once in the lot.
Noted and sorry. I spent less than a minute in the lot. But that would further confirm that the lot isn’t worth it.

DollarFree

Nothing here or anywhere I’ve seen says driver can set rate to less than 1X. Only that they can offer lower than whatever the Uber surge is at the time, in 0.1X increments.
All these stories are rehashes of the original WSJ story that’s hidden behind a hard paywall.

cobraco

But doesn't that make sense? From what I have read uber assigns the drivers bidding the lowest rates first. So, the number of people ahead of you in the queue is variable depending on how people have set their rates.

Sactown Dan

I dropped off and checked the app. All the toggles for surge were gone. The staging area has changed and it’s terrible. Instead of the back, it’s four spots on each row closest to the exit drive. Total cluster* Had my worst morning ever. I’m reminding myself its January but I’m really ready to move to plan B completely. Cars in the pen with metal on metal brakes. Pax and these companies will get what they deserve. Crappy drivers with unsafe vehicles for their 3 dollar rides.

Youburr

F Uber. All they had to do for my car was listen to the engine start AND THAT WAS IT! Why would they get rid of such a valuable service 🤔

Odin7676

But doesn't that make sense? From what I have read uber assigns the drivers bidding the lowest rates first. So, the number of people ahead of you in the queue is variable depending on how people have set their rates.
Lot is full and I pull in with 50-60 cars waiting and dont even get to park and am pinged right away and this happened all week without increasing my multiplier. I even got pinged 12munutes away at prime time. This tells me that drivers are increasing their multiplier and thus not getting a rider as fast. I kept rolling until had to go offline to take a break. All at SMF