“Drive closer to rider” warning?

I tried searching on this, so forgive if it’s a repeat or well understood. On occasion, after I pick up my pax, there’s a warning (with a little hazard icon preceding it) that says “drive closer to rider.” I’ve seen it before pickup and throughout the time I had a rider in the car. I can’t figure for the life of me what it is supposed to mean. Ideas?

heynow321

I tried searching on this, so forgive if it’s a repeat or well understood. On occasion, after I pick up my pax, there’s a warning (with a little hazard icon preceding it) that says “drive closer to rider.” I’ve seen it before pickup and throughout the time I had a rider in the car. I can’t figure for the life of me what it is supposed to mean. Ideas?

yeah i saw that the other day. it pops up if you start driving away from the rider. my new policy is if the dumbass rider is not out ready to go within the 2 minute period, i drive away and turn on lyft (on non surge rides). you'll still get the cancel fee when they eventually cancel. it's just another useless "feature" that your employer boober is using to control you.

SKuber

I've had a few when they drop their pin in the water. I guess I should wait for low tide and drive out to the mud flats then file a claim with James River.

mark_mark

I've had a few when they drop their pin in the water. I guess I should wait for low tide and drive out to the mud flats then file a claim with James River.
I had on pin from the middle of Elliott bay, I'm talking about 1/2 mike out! lol, I just screen shot it and call them