“Can I put your food on the ground for the picture ?”

MiamiUberGuy5

Uber requires eats drivers to take a picture of the food order on the ground whenever the orderer requests the order be left at the door

the orderer met me at the door and I had to ask him if I can leave the food on the ground really quickly for the picture that Uber wants. They didn’t have a bench or porch chair or anything not even a ledge. Lol

It was pretty awkward

Last edited:

UbaBrah

I just had this a couple hours ago with Postmates. I got to the door and then the guy came out and took the food off my hands. I only saw that they wanted a pic once I was back in my car. I just snapped a pic of the empty porch, lol. If they follow up with me I'll be like "I tried, but he ate it all so fast..."

Scuba Steve

In the future I’m sure it would be ok for you to snap the pic of the food in his hands instead of on the ground 😆

Tonight I snapped a blacked out pic of the floor of my car with no flash so I could end the ride after the guy came out to the car and got his food from me . No issues

NicFit

Is it me or do others find it offensive when food is placed on the floor? I ordered from a pizza place and they had an option for contactless delivery but I turned it off knowing that there isn’t anywhere to place food not on the floor. I was really mad when the driver still put the food on the floor, almost didn’t want to eat it. On top of that he had no gloves or mask so what’s the point? I left really bad feed back online and they offered to bring me a new pizza but I decided I was really hungry so I ate the one on the ground, still was upset for about an hour after. I mean my doormat is where I wipe my feet, not where I put food. Am I just being weird or is this offensive?

TeleSki

Is it me or do others find it offensive when food is placed on the floor? I ordered from a pizza place and they had an option for contactless delivery but I turned it off knowing that there isn’t anywhere to place food not on the floor. I was really mad when the driver still put the food on the floor, almost didn’t want to eat it. On top of that he had no gloves or mask so what’s the point? I left really bad feed back online and they offered to bring me a new pizza but I decided I was really hungry so I ate the one on the ground, still was upset for about an hour after. I mean my doormat is where I wipe my feet, not where I put food. Am I just being weird or is this offensive?
You're being weird. Your food (pizza) was in a pizza box, correct? That box was made by workers folding it and stacking it on shelves.
I think the cardboard pizza box is enough to protect your food from the ground for a minute or two. Put a chair or table out, if you don't want it left on the "floor". A mask, and especially gloves, don't guarantee anything. He could have been wearing those gloves all day, and touched the same things bare hands would have touched. Gloves aren't magic, and are protecting him more than you.
Post automatically merged:

Dead serious. They tipped me too

Why
Because the pic is to show the recipient where you put the food. If it was in his hands, he knew where it was.

MiamiUberGuy5

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
You're being weird. Your food (pizza) was in a pizza box, correct? That box was made by workers folding it and stacking it on shelves.
I think the cardboard pizza box is enough to protect your food from the ground for a minute or two. Put a chair or table out, if you don't want it left on the "floor". A mask, and especially gloves, don't guarantee anything. He could have been wearing those gloves all day, and touched the same things bare hands would have touched. Gloves aren't magic, and are protecting him more than you.

Because the pic is to show the recipient where you put the food. If it was in his hands, he knew where it was.
It was a lot of food. 2 bags and a drink. Didn’t want the old man holding it in air and dropping it

goobered

I agree with you. I find it disgusting. I would not want anyone to put my food on my doorstep. I will admit I may set down my groceries while I'm opening the door but that's quick and it's all in bags not boxes. I think it's gross to set down a pizza box on the doorstep.

When this started I felt very weird about leaving food on the ground. I had a few say to leave it on a table or chair but most do not do that. A few times I hung the bag on the doorknob but wasn't sure if they could open the door okay. I wonder how many customers actually understand how these no contact deliveries work. Half would still open the door anyway. That tells me they don't expect it to be left on their doorstep so I feel like if you do so maybe they will be mad. I'm so glad to not be driving right now.

Where I live, there are fire ants everywhere, so leaving food on the porch would attract them in no time.

NicFit

The pizza may be in a box but the box isn’t water proof and the box then has to go somewhere in my house that I wouldn’t put my shoes. I did take a paper towel and wipe off the box because it was going on my table. To me it feels like taking my shoes and putting them on the table which I find gross. Shoes belong on the floor, not my table, not my bed, not my counters. When you set a pizza box on the same thing I wipe my shoes it get the dirt and filth and germs that were on the bottom of my shoes and I know my shoes get filthy. This is why I was upset that the box was set on my mat. Next time I’ll get something for the driver to set the stuff down but he didn’t listen when I said I didn’t want contactless delivery and the whole thing made me mad

I agree with you. I find it disgusting. I would not want anyone to put my food on my doorstep. I will admit I may set down my groceries while I'm opening the door but that's quick and it's all in bags not boxes. I think it's gross to set down a pizza box on the doorstep.

When this started I felt very weird about leaving food on the ground. I had a few say to leave it on a table or chair but most do not do that. A few times I hung the bag on the doorknob but wasn't sure if they could open the door okay. I wonder how many customers actually understand how these no contact deliveries work. Half would still open the door anyway. That tells me they don't expect it to be left on their doorstep so I feel like if you do so maybe they will be mad. I'm so glad to not be driving right now.

Where I live, there are fire ants everywhere, so leaving food on the porch would attract them in no time.
Thanks, I feel somewhat justified that I was upset since in not the only one who finds this as disgusting. I won’t even put my groceries down if I can help it to open the door. I know they are going straight to my kitchen counter and if I set them down that filth goes to the counter

TeleSki

The pizza may be in a box but the box isn’t water proof and the box then has to go somewhere in my house that I wouldn’t put my shoes. I did take a paper towel and wipe off the box because it was going on my table. To me it feels like taking my shoes and putting them on the table which I find gross. Shoes belong on the floor, not my table, not my bed, not my counters. When you set a pizza box on the same thing I wipe my shoes it get the dirt and filth and germs that were on the bottom of my shoes and I know my shoes get filthy. This is why I was upset that the box was set on my mat. Next time I’ll get something for the driver to set the stuff down but he didn’t listen when I said I didn’t want contactless delivery and the whole thing made me mad

Thanks, I feel somewhat justified that I was upset since in not the only one who finds this as disgusting. I won’t even put my groceries down if I can help it to open the door. I know they are going straight to my kitchen counter and if I set them down that filth goes to the counter
Don't be lazy and go meet him at the car, then. Problem solved.

NicFit

Don't be lazy and go meet him at the car, then. Problem solved.
They don’t notify you when the driver is at your place, I can’t see the cars from my front door and it was raining. That’s why I leave I good tip, I expect door delivery service. Meeting at the car is fine with the apps because you can see where the car is but I never meet at their car. I tip always because I expect door deliveries, if I didn’t tip then I would meet at the car. When I was a pizza delivery driver not once did I meet someone at my car. I always brought the pizza to the door, never once had a complaint about my service and I expect my delivery drivers to do the same as I would do

TeleSki

They don’t notify you when the driver is at your place, I can’t see the cars from my front door and it was raining. That’s why I leave I good tip, I expect door delivery service. Meeting at the car is fine with the apps because you can see where the car is but I never meet at their car. I tip always because I expect door deliveries, if I didn’t tip then I would meet at the car. When I was a pizza delivery driver not once did I meet someone at my car. I always brought the pizza to the door, never once had a complaint about my service and I expect my delivery drivers to do the same as I would do
If you tip, fine. But UberEats wasn't designed as a door to door service. I tend to get better tips from people that come out and meet me, not from apartment dwellers ordering mcdonalds that I had to find a parking spot, then try to find their apartment...and they both pay the same delivery fee.

Don'tchasethesurge

if people don’t put anything for us to leave the food, then not my problem. Some do put table and chairs. Kudos for them. They chose contactless, not my problem to figure it out for them.

dgates01

The pizza may be in a box but the box isn’t water proof and the box then has to go somewhere in my house that I wouldn’t put my shoes. I did take a paper towel and wipe off the box because it was going on my table.
Then put something outside for them to place it ON TO if they decide to just leave the food there. If you've just ordered something, you should know what might happen and plan for it.

TheDevilisaParttimer

If you tip, fine. But UberEats wasn't designed as a door to door service. I tend to get better tips from people that come out and meet me, not from apartment dwellers ordering mcdonalds that I had to find a parking spot, then try to find their apartment...and they both pay the same delivery fee.
No he isn't wrong at all. It's against health code to place food on the ground rather in a box, pot,bag, etc. Under no circumstances to food touch ground.

Read other post above, this is why everyone think drivers are stupid.