• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

‘Uber Killed Me’: Angry Uber Drivers Take to Paris Streets to Protest Fare Cuts

observer

That is the risk of companies being allowed access to our phones.

Tracking us and or allowing companies to use our data should be against the law unless, WE opt in.

UberNorthStar

In "settings" on my iPhone, I have location turned on to "never" on the Uber app. When I try to go online, the app prompts me to change the location setting.

arto71

"Uber said the price drop would ultimately prove profitable for drivers. The company believes that lower fares will translate into increased demand, and that drivers will earn more under the new tariffs.

The company also said that those protesting Tuesday represented "only one percent of the partner-drivers currently using the Uber application." Many of the drivers, the company claimed, have responded positively to Friday's announcement.

U UBER

B BELIEVES

E EVERYONE'S

R @@@@@@ED

UberNorthStar

arto71
That's it, Uber. Play it down. For every 1 protester there were 20 more who did not show up.

I doubt many if any, drivers were positive about the rate cut. A bunch of propaganda.

JM2cW

Old Rocker

Do the folks in the Uber Ivory Tower actually think the general news reading public actually believes that 99% of the drivers welcome the rate cut?

(rhetorical question)