über direct payment to bank acc

kichy

hi, i have joined uber a bout a month a go, but it seems there is a problem on my payment, whenever they try to pay, there is error regarding my bank acc. But i have checked and rechecked, updated the same without success. One last doubt i have is my bank sy something like for wire transfer use this routing number, for other transfer use this routing number. I am using one which is other transfers, assuming uber don't use wire transfers. can anyone advice on this please? because uber help desk keep on saying check your account/bank details. Has anyone encountered such a challenge before? It is third week now haven't received my payment and thinking of stopping altogether as can't afford gas anymore.

FLKeys

Call your bank and speak with someone to make sure you are giving Uber the right numbers. It is not a wire transfer it is an ACH transfer.

Some people will use the numbers from a deposit ticket for their account, those are the wrong numbers. You need the routing number and account number from a check.

Daisey77

hi, i have joined uber a bout a month a go, but it seems there is a problem on my payment, whenever they try to pay, there is error regarding my bank acc. But i have checked and rechecked, updated the same without success. One last doubt i have is my bank sy something like for wire transfer use this routing number, for other transfer use this routing number. I am using one which is other transfers, assuming uber don't use wire transfers. can anyone advice on this please? because uber help desk keep on saying check your account/bank details. Has anyone encountered such a challenge before? It is third week now haven't received my payment and thinking of stopping altogether as can't afford gas anymore.
Call your bank and ask them which routing number needs to be used for direct deposits

Boca Ratman

Do you have a debit card? If so try to add that, you can cash out to the card.

Daisey77

the debit card is still linked to his bank account. so the bank account information needs to be correct for the debit card to work for instant pay.

Boca Ratman

the debit card is still linked to his bank account. so the bank account information needs to be correct for the debit card to work for instant pay.
Yes, but its a different transaction and uses only the debit card # rather than the routing #.

Daisey77

Yes, but its a different transaction and uses only the debit card # rather than the routing #.
Correct but I think it only works like that (from what we see) because internally the debit card is linked specifically to that checking account and routing number. You couldn't just have a debit card linked to instant pay without a bank account on file. Sort of like you can't make a credit card payment with a credit card but you can use your debit card to make a payment because it is linked to your checking account. It's processed differently because of that link. It doesn't get processed as a card transaction. Rather a bank account transaction. It's not makes any sense LOL I clearly don't know the proper terminology to explain it😆🤦‍♀️

SHalester

As noted a direct deposit in an ACH and not a wire. The routing number would also display on your checks (if you have any of those relics). Most banks have that info on their online landing page.

kichy

Call your bank and speak with someone to make sure you are giving Uber the right numbers. It is not a wire transfer it is an ACH transfer.

Some people will use the numbers from a deposit ticket for their account, those are the wrong numbers. You need the routing number and account number from a check.
thanks for advice, i have sorted out with my bank!!
Post automatically merged:

i have done this now, it works perfect, thanks

Boca Ratman

i have done this now, it works perfect, thanks
Good, you're welcome.

Correct but I think it only works like that (from what we see) because internally the debit card is linked specifically to that checking account and routing number. You couldn't just have a debit card linked to instant pay without a bank account on file.
It worked. Lol

I have a debit card linked without that bank on file. I have an account from bank A for weekly deposit. A debit card from credit union B for for cash out, and a go bank/ uber card that no one in my household knows about. Lol.

All work just fine.

Daisey77

Good, you're welcome.

It worked. Lol

I have a debit card linked without that bank on file. I have an account from bank A for weekly deposit. A debit card from credit union B for for cash out, and a go bank/ uber card that no one in my household knows about. Lol.

All work just fine.
So, Uber must be the one who allows prepaid debit cards to get paid out to. I know one company lets drivers get paid out to a prepaid debit card but passengers can't use one and the other company is vice versa the drivers can't use a prepaid debit card but passengers can.🤷‍♀️
Post automatically merged:

All work just fine
Until the Fam Bam finds out about the go Bank card 😅