• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Über Locked My Gas Card....

JaguaGirl

Über locked my gas card on 8-1-15 because I completed "only" 191 trips as opposed to 200:/ I barely use it but wtf??? I consistently complete 300+ trips a month. This month I had a major Jaguar repair(the dreaded wear & tear we discuss ad-nauseum), was off the road this week, fell short & this is how Über screws me further??? PISSED OFF!!!! But not really.....lol. I wondered if that was how they were gonna roll:mad:

Another Uber Driver

Please keep us up-to-date. I do not have the Uber gasolene card, I use one of two credit cards for gasolene for either the taxi or UberXmobile, but I am curious about this Uber gasolene card.

JaguaGirl

I'll keep you all posted. I was shocked they actually locked it because they are always miscalculating my trips on their rewards page:frown: They sent me an email that it is locked & then another email feedback "survey" to tell them, "how are we doing"? Hmmm

XUberMike

I think it clear UBER is one effed up company...cut your rate, deactivate you card all without telling you. Dudes are pretty slimy

JaguaGirl

Maybe Über shoulda locked themselves out before they put thousands in bad car loans that they can't pay for.

CashEddie

The way the gas card should work is this:

Everyone should be able to get a gas card and use it. If you want the "discount" rate, you need to complete X number of trips per month. The money is being deducted from our weekly pay anyway so what is the big deal?

nutzareus

No thanks Fuber I get 5% rebate with Sam's Club MasterCard, 3% with American Express, sometimes 5% with Discover when they have the promotion. If you watch Slickdeals they will periodically alert $100 gas cards on eBay for $90 or less. Also, American Express is currently giving one-time $5 statement credit for $25+ purchase at ExxonMobil stations.

CashEddie

No thanks Fuber I get 5% rebate with Sam's Club MasterCard, 3% with American Express, sometimes 5% with Discover when they have the promotion. If you watch Slickdeals they will periodically alert $100 gas cards on eBay for $90 or less. Also, American Express is currently giving one-time $5 statement credit for $25+ purchase at ExxonMobil stations.
Yes, there are better gas cards that offer more savings. The issue for me and a number of other drivers is not the savings but the ability to have uber proceeds pay for gas. I look at it as a way to truly see what your profit is after gas expenses. I like the idea that I don't have to come out of my main income stream's pocket to pay for gas that I use for uber.

Raider

Weird, I only do like 50-70 trip a month and have been using the card for the longest time. They even let me pump gas for 3 weeks in a row without taking a single fare. I owed them like 150 bucks.

JaguaGirl

Weird, I only do like 50-70 trip a month and have been using the card for the longest time. They even let me pump gas for 3 weeks in a row without taking a single fare. I owed them like 150 bucks.
Your's was probably grandfathered in before this last batch of cards was issued. Makes sense, now that I think about it. They know driver's aren't gonna make the $$$ to pay back.

KGB7

Drive to MD and pay with cash if you want to get lowest price gas.

U st Sunoco might be the cheapest in DC ive seen so far.