living wage

  1. BurgerTiime

    Chicago: Uber, Lyft drivers to rally at City Hall, call for fair wages

    Full story: https://www.chicago.suntimes.com/business/uber-lyft-drivers-rally-city-council-budget-hearing-wages-ride-hailing/amp/ Lenny Sanchez, co-organizer of the Chicago Rideshare Advocates, didn’t think a second rally outside City Hall would ever happen. “I thought initially our first...
  2. UsedToBeAPartner

    I HATE Unions......anyone else ready to join?

    I have always considered Unions to be the scourge of the enterprising businessman/woman. However, Uber has somehow managed to skirt every regulation that would require a business person to pay a living wage. No one in any position of power seems willing to step up and force them to do the...
  3. briandriver

    Always ask for Upfront $10 tip, or no ride

    If a rider won't pay me an upfront tip of$10 I tell him politely to get out of the car and call for a new driver. I tell him Uber pays too little and I only drive people who want to pay a living wage. It works about 30% of the time. The other 70% just get out of the car and cancel and I get...
  4. mailmanmania

    First week actual earnings

    26 hours online. 24 trips. $187 Uber pay +$25 tips = $212 Subtract expenses (gas, depreciation, maintenance) 317 miles at 40 cents per mile= $127 $212 - $127 = $85 $85 / 26 hours = $3.27 per hour
Top